Complaint Review: Bookbyte.com

• Reported By: anon9615 — Northmoore Missouri United States of America
Bookbyte.com
2800 Pringle Road SE Salem, Oregon United States of America

Bookbyte.com Bookbyte Won't pay what they say. Salem, Oregon

I used this company once and although I felt like it was very strange it seemed to work so after I finished another set of classes I tried it again.

You type in your ISBN number from the back of your textbook and they tell you what they will pay you for it. You send it in and a little while later you get a check or funds via paypal. So I typed in the numbers and was told I'd get $38 for the book in question. Great I pack it up and send it in. After 2 weeks no e-mail saying they had even received my order (like I had gotten the first time) so I log in to see what is going on and low and behold they canceled the order for the $38 book and replaced it with a $6 book with the same title! Saying it has something to do with one having an access code which is not true becasue when I look up both books ISBN on other retailers there is no mention of an access code on either one.

On their on-line chat (because I can't find a phone number anywhere) I inquire about this and they are very dismissive only sending back what must be canned responses. Thay say I typed in one ISBN but sent in a different book....really? With the same title and edition? The ISBN they said I typed was more than one number off and just too random to be a typo. I checked with my school and they only stock one ISBN for this course the $38 one. There is no way I ever had the other book and how would I even know the ISBN for the other book anyway? I am in college and work full time I don't have time for this. I sat down with my book and typed in the ISBN then put it in a box and shipped it off. Now they are basically saying I lied. they say they will send me a picture of the book but I'm no dummy they have millions of books, they can just pull any book mathcing the ISBN they say I sent in and send me that and how would I know.

What happened to the customer is always right? Horrible customer service! And worse than that they are trying to screw college students out of what little money they can get out of their books. Stick with your local bookstore students because once the book leaves your hands this company will take the money and run and there's nothing you can do about it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2011 12:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bookbytecom/Salem-Oregon-97302/Bookbytecom-Bookbyte-Wont-pay-what-they-say-Salem-Oregon-809375. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bookbyte.com