Complaint Review: Bookit.com

• Updated: Mon, December 10, 2012

• Reported By: A Thompson — St. Louis Missouri United States of America
Bookit.com

Bookit.com Deceptive Marketing Practices, Internet

I'm really disappointed with Bookit.com.  I thought they had some of the best prices and deals, but it ends up that they have deceptive marketing practices.

During my recent search for lodging in Chicago, I came across a deal that was advertised as having "free cancellation".  I decided to buy the deal.  When I went to checkout, I noticed that a box was automatically checked that would add an additional $18.00 for travel insurance.  I declined the insurance and proceeded with checkout.

However, when I printed out my itinerary, I noticed in the Cancellations and Hotel Policies section that that there was a cancellation fee of $19.95 for cancellations prior to 24 hours and a charge equal to one night's stay, plus $19.95, for any cancellations within 24 hours of the reservation.

That is when I realized what had happened.  Cancellation was "free" only if I had purchased the travel insurance.  So, in reality, "free cancellation" really wasn't free.  I would have had to pay $18.00 for travel insurance to get it!

Think twice before you buy from Bookit.com!  Beware if they say "free cancellation" and then automatically try to have you purchase travel insurance!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/10/2012 11:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bookitcom/internet/Bookitcom-Deceptive-Marketing-Practices-Internet-980169. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bookit.com