- Report: #723149
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Bookmasters
Bookmasters30 Amberwood Prkwy Ashland, Ohio United States of America
Bookmasters Overcharged, Poor Services, Unresponsive, Unfair, Unresponsive, Deceptive, Outrageous Pricing Ashland Ohio
*Author of original report: Continued Rip-off by Book Masters
*Author of original report: Continuing Rip-Off
*REBUTTAL Owner of company: BBB Rating
*Author of original report: Bookmaster's Shoddy and Expensive Services
*REBUTTAL Owner of company: BookMasters Response
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
"Our publishing firm signed a contract with BMI/Atlas Books (BMI) to have them provide warehousing, fulfillment services, with industry book wholesalers and bookstores (customers) to facilitate the sale of my book on an exclusive basis worldwide. The contract was signed on October 22, 2010 and our firm paid a $495.00 set up fee.
Additional Fees: The fees we pay each month to BMI are extraordinary. So far we have paid over $1500 to BMI and have receive ZERO in return.
Results: As of February 23, 2011, after four months with BMI, the book was listed on just two sites, theirs (Atlas Books) and Amazon. Com. The listing on Amazon.com was initiated by our firm prior to signing a contract with BMI, and we were forced to turn over fulfillment responsibilities to BMI after signing the contract.
In early February, 2011 I began questioning the value of BMI being our distributor given the amount of money we were paying them. For example, after four months, our book was not listed on Barnes and Nobel or on any other notable book selling websites. It seemed the major concern of BMI was promoting and marketing its own site, Atlas Books, by promoting upgrade placement of our title (for additional money) on its own site.
Then we noticed in early February that Amazon was listing copies of our book as unavailable, and could only be purchased through second party sellers. We queried BMI about this situation and received a very strange and convoluted explanation, so we contacted Amazon directly. What we learned, to our amazement, was that as of February 24, 2011, our book was NOT available through BMIs book vendor account!
Our Actions: After learning that our title was no longer available through BMIs account, we had to act immediately to protect our sales and restore our title back to Amazons listings. We immediately notified BMI to terminate the contract so we could take over fulfillment services ourselves since they were not even providing books to the only notable book selling site (Amazon) our book was listed on. When we contacted the Brenda Stewart, the representative in charge of our account, she emailed me and stated we would lose our $495.00 deposit fee because, according to the contract, our account was open for less than a year. I reminded her that BMI had not fulfilled its contractual obligations to provide books to Amazon and was therefore in violation of the terms and conditions of the contract (We have proof)."
Now here is what BMI wrote March 11 about closing the account:
- They are closing the account for Atlas Books, but the fullfilment account with BMI must remain open for 10 months, per our agreement (That makes no sense, plus BMI did not fullfill its agreement as described above.)
- In order to get my inventory back, I must send them $369.90 to have my books shipped back, and listen to this: If payment is made by personal/business check, they must receive $384.90 to cover extra processing time. (Can you believe this? Talk about a ripoff company!)
- They will continue to bill me for $40.00 per month for ten months. (That is $400 for doing nothing! They have closed our online account.)
Be aware before you sign any agreement wih this company! I have recieved 0 dollars from sales revenue since I signed with this company in October 2010. They will bill you monthly in six different categories and you will get monthly bills that are difficult to understand. For example, I received a bill Mar 31, 2011 for $148.50 with no detail. Also, I have asked the account representative what we have paid BMI to date and I have received no detail account of what I paid them. Since BMI has failed to fulfill its part of the agreement, I have requested the folllowing in the letter to BMI's President:
"Due to the shoddy and inadequate servicing of our account, including the inability to fulfill Amazon orders (see enclosed documents), and fulfillment services according to our contract with your firm, we demand the following:
1. Return of our $495.00 deposit.
2. Immediate cessation of our agreement due to your breach of contract.
3. Immediate return of our remaining inventory, at your companys expense
4. Cessation of your minimum invoicing charge of $40, 00 monthly for ten months, since you have breached the contract agreement.
5. Elimination of $384.90 to cover extra processing time since we are terminating our contract due to your breach of contract.
6. Return of revenue you have received based on the sales of our title.
Needless to say, we have made a grievous mistake in contracting the service or your firm believing you would provide the services you promised in you agreement with our firm to provide services you did not deliver. "
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/28/2011 10:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bookmasters/Ashland-Ohio-44805/Bookmasters-Overcharged-Poor-Services-Unresponsive-Unfair-Unresponsive-Deceptive-Ou-723149. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.