Complaint Review: Bookmooch.com

• Reported By: Allison — Carefree Arizona United States of America
Bookmooch.com

Bookmooch.com Supposed to be a trade site for books, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Bookmooch response

A friend told me about Bookmooch.com and knew I was trading books on other sites, and thought I would be interested in joining. I was and quickly posted numerous books and got several people interested in some of mine, and promptly mailed them, including one out of the country.

Then, when I went to request books, suddenly I got an email stating my account is closed because of past account violations. I wrote back and let them know I had never heard of them, and never had a prior account - they must have me mixed up with someone else. They said - your account is closed - that is final.

Consequently I am out the mailing costs for the books I mailed and the time I took to enter the books and select the books I wanted, which I will not be getting now.

For this reason, and for the reason of knowing that the other trade book sites are honest, decent people, I wanted to let others know of this fraudalent book trading site called Bookmooch.com.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/27/2009 03:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bookmoochcom/internet/Bookmoochcom-Supposed-to-be-a-trade-site-for-books-Internet-545879. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bookmooch.com

Bookmooch response

AUTHOR: Bookmooch.com - (United States of America)

Bookmooch is a free service that oversees the exchange of books between thousands of members in nearly 100 countries. No money is ever charged by the site, nor exchanged between members. Each person pays to send their own books, and often receives books others have paid to send in return; however, there are no absolute guarantees as books of interest need be found and the owners must agree to send these books.

Our public terms of service state that membership may not be approved for all individuals. Some reasons membership might be denied include the applicant having held previous accounts, or having sent abusive communications to other site members.

This specific complaint made against Bookmooch was placed by an individual who had not yet indicated any requested books had been sent and whose account was blocked within the first three days of having applied for membership.