Complaint Review: Boost Mobile Cell Phone

• Updated: Wed, September 28, 2011

• Reported By: Jade Forest — Chicago Illinois United States of America
Boost Mobile Cell Phone
Irvine, California Irvine, California United States of America

Boost Mobile Cell Phone took my money, then no service, no way to correct the problem Irvine, California

This company is a branch of Sprint. I typically use Virgin Mobile Phones. But when I wanted to downgrade from a touchpad phone, which was too inefficient for me, Virgin Mobile didn't have a way to transfer my unlimited plan. So I accepted the recommendation from Target given me to go with BoostMobile, which I was pleased had unlimited international and free 411.  The 411 never could find something I was looking for, even on the most obvious stuff. It's a totally automated system. I didn't have internet. So when I called customer service to get it set up, did all the steps, then was told to turn the phone off and remove the battery for 15 minutes, when I turned the phone back on, I had no time loaded. (And I'd paid for unlimited with them also.)  Then I discovered I couldn't call 611 on the phone for help, w/o paying to put more time on. And the 888-BOOST4U number, only number Target had also, had no way to reach a person. Eventually it blocked my attempts to call by making me put in my phone number, which of course in their system no longer worked.  Even the store couldn't get thru for me. I returned the phone. But Boost Mobile helped itself to my $50 time load card. No way anyone could return that to me, even though the Target guys tried. And I only had the phone for 2 days! I still get pissed thinking about it!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/28/2011 02:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Boost-Mobile-Cell-Phone/Irvine-California-/Boost-Mobile-Cell-Phone-took-my-money-then-no-service-no-way-to-correct-the-problem-Irv-782515. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Boost Mobile Cell Phone