Complaint Review: Boost Mobile

• Reported By: Sheila — Omaha Nebraska United States of America
Boost Mobile
9060 Irvine Center Dr. Irvine, California United States of America

Boost Mobile Terrible Policies and Customer Service Irvine, California

I would give negative stars if I could. My father, who retired in another state, recently passed away. The person who found him stole his phone and other valuables. I called Boost to report this and to cancel his account (which is a recurring account debited to his bank account). They refused to help me without his pin number. (Who here knows their retired parent's pin number?). I offered to fax the death certificate and everything. They just said that they will continue to debit his account until I cancel it via the bank. (Um, probate takes 6 months). Shame on Boost, they should have alternate policies in case of the death of a customer. Oh, I should mention that all of this occurred after I spent an hour trying to figure out how to get a live person. Then, of course, I could never get a person who spoke proper English. The guy from South America told me that he was an 'American'. I want to see an attorney about the legality of continuing to charge a person when notice has been given that he is dead!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/29/2012 12:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Boost-Mobile/Irvine-California-92618/Boost-Mobile-Terrible-Policies-and-Customer-Service-Irvine-California-948465. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Boost Mobile