Complaint Review: Boost Mobile

Boost Mobile

Boost Mobile Boost Mobile is a total ripoff Internet

*Author of original report: boost mobile

*Author of original report: boost mobile

*Consumer Comment: Boost is pretty good until you have to contact Customer Service

My son purchased a Boost mobile cell phone when he called to activate it they told him that the phone was already activated and he needed to spend an additional 10.00 to reactivate the phone.  My son asked them how could the phone he just purchased sealed inside a box was already activated, of course they could not answer that question but refused to activate his NEW phone without his paying the 10.00 activation fee.  Of course he refused to do this since the phone was purchased brand new and we can not figure out how they are saying the phone was previously activated.  Well Boost mobile, you can shove it...your company has a bad name from all the reports I have read on this website...they most certainly wont be keeping customers for a long period of time....how can a company do this to new customers?  As for customer service they sure dont like it when you complain to them...they are looking for 10.00 extra dollars and we are not stupid enough to agree to pay it...hope this helps somebody else before they spend the money on this phone company...we are returning everything tomorrow, hope he can get his money back!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2012 08:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Boost-Mobile/internet/Boost-Mobile-Boost-Mobile-is-a-total-ripoff-Internet-864099. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Boost Mobile

boost mobile

AUTHOR: unsatisfied - (United States of America)

I also like the fact that with a pre-paid phone there are no monthly charges, and texting, chatting, internet are all included...i am mad at the 10 dollar reactivation fee because he never activated the phone....would you pay a bill for me that you did not owe...no you wouldnt so why should he pay for someone elses bill....i agree with you that pre-paid is the way to go...why would anyone want to go with a contract phone?  Like i said, i am glad you are enjoying your phone service, it just isnt for us...we will stick to straight talk, never a problem there!!  have a nice safe summer

boost mobile

AUTHOR: unsatisfied - (United States of America)

My son never even opened the package...he called the number gave them the numbers off the box and they said that the phone has been previously activated...when it was returned to the store the manager said alot of people have been returning the phones saying they have been activated...seems as though someone has alot of time on their hands to be calling in to activate brand new still in the package phones...so needless to say, he was quickly refunded his money from the store, but for boost mobile to want him to pay a reactivation fee was totally uncalled for...what kind of company does business like that..you are one of the lucky ones not to have run into trouble with this company....do you live in this area and are you informed of the problems people around here have with boost mobile?  If not then why complain about my sons experience with them..if you are from here then i know who you are so arguing with you does no good...thanks for your response though, i am glad you have a great experience with this company, just thought i would let others from this area know of the situation here..have a great day and thanks again for your response

Boost is pretty good until you have to contact Customer Service

AUTHOR: Nita - (United States of America)

I have been a customer of Boost Mobile for going on 2 years. Unless you need to talk to customer service they are pretty good. I haven't had to call them that much they don't make it easy to reach someone.That is my biggest complaint with them. You shouldn't have to jump through so many hoops to reach them. But anyway back to your situation.

If Boost told you the phone was already activated, did your son try using the phone? If it was working what is your beef? Just because it was in an unopened box it couldn't have been activated is that your reasoning? Its possible the phone could have been activated when he bought it. They don't have to open the box to activate it on most phones these days. All the store where he bought from had to do was scan the barcode on the outside of the box.

I don't get why they would ask you to pay a reactivation fee for phone that is already activated. Makes me wonder if you are leaving something out.

It kind of amazes me you would get that upset over a measly $10.00. I don't know about you, but I put up with Boost Mobile terrible customer service because I save plenty of money on my phone bill. I don't get many dropped calls, like I did with T-mobile. I don't get a hefty phone bill like I did with the major 3 phone companies. I also like that with Boost mobile I can afford a smartphone. Have you tried owning a smartphone with the big 3? I also like the fact i am not tied to a 2 year contract and they have shrinkage with on-time payments. I think you should give them another chance and no I don't work for them.