Complaint Review: Boost Mobile

• Updated: Thu, February 20, 2014

• Reported By: Shannon — Gainesville Virginia
Boost Mobile
Internet USA

Boost Mobile Deceptive Advertising! $2 and $3/day plan is NOT "Pay As You Go." No refund policy hidden deep in "legal-eese"  Internet

Beware!  Boost advertises a $2 and $3 per day plan that is NOT "Pay-As-You-Go."  They have a "No Refund" policy buried deep in the legal contract.

I discovered this policy of immediatly activating charges as soon as they've got your money and called back not 15 minutes after signing up.  I was told by Eric "C" there that he would delete my card and transfer me to their financial department to have the charges refunded.

But when I spoke a manager there, she said she was "sorry" but the setup charge and the money I deposited toward what I thought I could use on an as-needed basis was now theirs and they would not be giving it back since I agreed to the contract.

I told her that I had taken time to go over the contract and saw nothing about this ridiculous program.  Why would anyone pay $3/day ($90/month) when they could just pay the monthly fee that's about half that.  They told me "some people just prefer that."  Really?!!!

The only logical conclusion I can come to is that this is set up to trap folks like me who signed on in good faith, thinking I was getting a "Pay-As-You-Go" program.

All the manager would say over and over is, "I'm sorry, but . . ." ('We got you and there's nothing you can do about it!')

Please don't fall for their unscrupluious trap the way I did!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2014 04:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Boost-Mobile/internet/Boost-Mobile-Deceptive-Advertising-2-and-3day-plan-is-NOT-Pay-As-You-Go-No-refund-1125226. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Boost Mobile