Complaint Review: Boost Mobile

• Reported By: Asil — Rapid City South Dakota
Boost Mobile
Internet USA

Boost Mobile Misleading -> Nationwide? HA!  Internet

Saw several ads for this company online. Was looking for a new provider anyway, so decided to go with them. When shopping for a phone on their site, it prompted me to enter my zip code, to 'check availability'. Evidently it approved, because it allowed me to overnight the phone to my address. This afternoon, I tried to activate the phone, when I was told that not only did they not have service in my town, but nowhere near me. Boost Mobile boasts about being on the 'nationwide Sprint network.' Ha.

Before ordering, I also checked the Store Locater tab on the website, and it told me there were local stores that carried Boost Mobile products, and gave me the address and number for 2 of them that I am familiar with. Why would they sell their product in multiple stores here, if none of the locals can use Boost Mobile?

I was sure it would be safe to order a phone from this company, given all of the above information. Nope. I'm sending the phone back. Even if I do get a refund for the phone (Which I was told can take up to 8 weeks!), I am still out the shipping cost.

Why allow me to order the phone, if I can't even use it? There goes $$ I could have better used.

Boost Mobile, update your site please, so events like this can't happen. Don't let me enter my zip code and order a phone from you, if you know I can't activate it anywhere near my residence.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2013 03:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Boost-Mobile/internet/Boost-Mobile-Misleading-gt-Nationwide-HAnbsp-Internet-1051782. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Boost Mobile