Harbor

• Submitted: Sun, April 25, 2010
  • Updated: Sun, April 25, 2010

• Reported By: Samantha — San Francisco California United States of America
Boost Mobile

Boost Mobile Sprint Nextel, Sprint Prepaid Group Knowingly Sold Defective Motorola i776/i776W Mobile Phones Internet

Exactly one year ago my boyfriend purchased a Motorola i776 from Boost Mobile. I liked the phone and the unlimited plan and purchased the i776W a few weeks later. For a year my boyfriend and I have had the same phone and plan.

3 weeks ago my boyfriend's phone stopped working. He can't receive ANY phone calls or make calls unless he always has the phone on speaker. The earpiece just crapped out on him. A few days ago the same thing happened to my phone. I cannot make or receive calls unless I have the phone on speaker. My earpiece also died a year exactly after I purchased it.

THESE $100 PHONES ARE MANUFACTURED TO BREAK AFTER 1 YEAR EXACTLY SO THE WARRANTY IS ALREADY VOID!

The CSRs just laughed, hung up on me, refused to let me speak to anyone higher than a floor manager, and flat out told me to just buy a new phone. I don't have $200 to throw away on electronics in this economy! I am looking for a job and need a reliable phone!!!

Boost Mobile refuses to refund my money, refuses to even let me speak to anyone in corporate, refuses to send a working phone, and generally refuses to do anything other than laugh and hang up the phone. [continued below]....

..... DON'T BUY FROM THEM! My Verizon phone from 2001 still works. I am getting it reactivated TODAY so I don't have to deal with these "thug" idiots (no one uses proper English --- they all sound like thugs to act cool) at Boost Mobile and their defective products!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/25/2010 03:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Boost-Mobile/internet/Boost-Mobile-Sprint-Nextel-Sprint-Prepaid-Group-Knowingly-Sold-Defective-Motorola-i776i7-596543. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Boost Mobile