Complaint Review: Botach Tactical

• Submitted: Mon, January 27, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, April 24, 2014

• Reported By:Oneonta New York
Botach Tactical
3423 West 43rd Place Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

Botach Tactical ripoff Thieves False advertising Los Angeles California

*Consumer Comment: "BK" labels his customers as difficult?

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Serving our customers for 13 years

*Consumer Suggestion: Misunderstanding? Notify credit card company and challenge order

*Consumer Comment: Great Company

*Consumer Comment: Pleased with Service

Approximately four months ago I found the product I was looking for online, at the business' website. I placed my order online and received no confirmation of the order. I contacted the company, and the owner of the business via e-mail hoping to resolve the issue. I have not been able to get in touch with any representatives of the business, or received my order. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and look to further educate consumers of the poor quality of Botach Tactical.

M
Oneonta, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2003 09:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Botach-Tactical/Los-Angeles-California-90008/Botach-Tactical-ripoff-Thieves-False-advertising-Los-Angeles-California-42919. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Botach Tactical

"BK" labels his customers as difficult?

AUTHOR: Raltar - ()

The rebuttal from "BK" (supposedly the owner of the company) pretty much says it all. He openly admits that his staff marked this customer as "difficult" and went out of their way to treat the customer differently based on that.

What kind of (honest) company would do something like that? Keep records of "difficult" customers? Sounds like our buddy "BK" is only interested in keeping score and getting revenge on customers who complain.

I've had a similar experience in dealing with this company, where they screwed up my order and then attempted to blame the problem on me. Check out my report here:

It seems to me that "BK" needs to focus on running his company more and spend less time looking for oppertunities to bully around "difficult" customers.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Serving our customers for 13 years

AUTHOR: BK - (U.S.A.)

After noticing this report online recently I looked back into our database to check our records of this customer's order. Not suprisingly we have this individual marked as "difficult". It seems he called our customer service representatives multiple times creating arguments each time. We DID respond to his emails, but our responses were not satisfactory to him. He demanded free shipping and a reduced price for the items ordered and ended up withdrawing payment via his credit card company anyway. All this was due to a delayed package (which we had on backorder and were waiting to receive from the maufacturer). It was only THEN that we denied his telephone calls.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Misunderstanding? Notify credit card company and challenge order

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Customer submits credit card number and order. Order never arrives. All subsequent attempts at contact fail. Begins dogging company and is ignored.

Solution: Notify credit card company and challenge order. Once you've made an attempt to contact the company, the credit card company will arbitrate.

Experience: I've done business with Botach for years and have found the prices reasonable and the service slow. Don't care. I like the prices. Everything I've ordered I've received in brand new condition unless out of stock and then I wasn't charged.

Suspicion: Because customer did not go the solution route, which is known to almost everyone who orders online, I suspect this may be a competitor sore at Botach's low prices. Complaintant's order may have been stolen. At any rate, situation is suspicious given refusal to contact credit card company. Why call every day, send e-mail weekly? Don't sound right.

Great Company

AUTHOR: Stan - (U.S.A.)

I have been purchasing from this company for over five years with not even one complaint.. They always deliver exactly what they say and when they say. I always receive super service. I recommend them to all my law enforcement friends and none of them have ever complained and have nothing but praise... Thanks Stan K.

Pleased with Service

AUTHOR: Quentin - (U.S.A.)

I have purchased several items from Botach on different occasions. The goods and quality were exactly as advertised and the shipping service was prompt. I have abeen pleased with the quality and service when dealing with these folks.