• Report: #620672

Bottom Line books
PO Box 11014 Des Moines, Iowa United States of America

Bottom Line books Soooo mad about this rip off!!! Des Moines Iowa

*Consumer Comment: Returns

*Author of original report: Appreciate the response

*Consumer Suggestion: Some Advice

There are already so many ripoff reports about this ridiculous company!  What do I do about them?  Apparently my credit report will now reflect the 'fact' that I did not pay a debt. Do I just report it and drop it? What are we all supposed to do? I hhhaaaatttteeee lying thieves.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2010 01:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bottom-Line-books/Des-Moines-Iowa-50336/Bottom-Line-books-Soooo-mad-about-this-rip-off-Des-Moines-Iowa-620672. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bottom Line books

Returns

AUTHOR: RonanB - ()

I don't disagree with this comment, except that I cannot bring myself to spend even a penny to send a book back. Last year the package at least showed who it was from.  This year there was no name or other indication where or from whom it came. It was the size, shape and weight of one of their books and I'm not waiting for anything else that it could be.  I wrote refused on the package and dropped it back in the mailbox. I don't know how, or if, it will get back to them. Frankly, I don't care. Maybe I can't prove that I sent it back, but neither can they prove that I received it.  They must have been getting too many refusals and are trying this new tactic with the idea that if it's opened, it's more likely to be kept.

Appreciate the response

AUTHOR: ripped off mama - (United States of America)

Really terrific info. ...   Thanks!!

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Some Advice

AUTHOR: Gerry - (U.S.A.)

First of all this so called company is nothing but a well orchestrated scam. They prey on older people who get intimidated by these dirt bags. The fact there is no return address or contact info proves they are scum. My wife received unordered books from these thieves. What I did is found their contact info on this site. just browse the complaints. I called them and asked where is their proof we ordered from them. They couldn't give an answer. They sent a prepaid return label to return their trash. Now here is the important part! When you return this junk ,spend a few bucks and send it certified, "Return Receipt Requested" This is very important! That way when they say they never received the stuff you have legal proof they did receive it . Document and save everything! Forever! Make it clear when you talk to them that they are "never to send you anything more" Be professional and firm.
Also I see people say you just keep this stuff! Yes its legal to do that! But it puts the ball in their court to bill you and harass you! also mess with tour credit! Remember your dealing with well organised con artists.