Complaint Review: Bovada

• Updated: Tue, October 29, 2013

• Reported By: tennis guy — plantation Florida
Internet USA

Bovada Terrible company policy regarding fees  Internet

I just can't believe the experience I had with Bovada.  I requested a payout of $200.  After a periodof time FedEx attempted delivery but I was not home to receive it since signature was required.  Delivery was attempted 3 times and then sent back as undeliverable.  In the interim I received an e-mail from Bovada saying I could pick up the package at FedEx until October 25th.  I returned home on October 23rd and called FedEx to make sure I could pick up the package but they advised it was en route to the sender.  I spoke to supposedly a supervisor at Bovada named Pat because Bovada wanted to charge me a stop payment fee of $40.  In the first place I did contact FedEx before October 25th, the last date upon which, according to the e-mail, I could pick up the package, and secondly Pat said because she couldn't verify that I had spoken to FedEx before October 25th that the $40 fee was valid and that I was responsible for Bovada's error, a ridiculous assumption, on top of which in effect I was being called a liar for claiming I had called FedEx on or before October 25th.  Now I know this is kind of trite in complaining about a $40 fee but imagine if it was a lot of money.  There really is no reason to play at a site where there is any question at all of responsibility for your mistakes and putting the blame on the customer.  There are many other sites, although I can't vouch for any of them.  The problem is that they are not regulated and can do anything they want without any recourse from the people that keep them in business, the customers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2013 11:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bovada/internet/Bovada-Terrible-company-policy-regarding-feesnbsp-Internet-1095431. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bovada