Complaint Review: Bow Wow's Pet Grooming

• Submitted: Thu, June 26, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, August 13, 2008

• Reported By:Glendale Arizona
Bow Wow's Pet Grooming
20165 N 67th Avenue Glendale, Arizona U.S.A.

Bow Wow's Pet Grooming Hurt my dog and didn't reimburse for vet - still charged me Glendale Arizona

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Why I won't pay the vet

I took my dog there and they were very rough with her. Each time she would come to me very scared when I picked her up. The last straw was when I took her in for grooming and the groomer injured my dog to the extent I had to take her to the veterinarian. The groomer recommended I do so, as there was bleeding. They still charged me for the grooming...

The vet charged me to clean and dress the wound and prescribed antibiotics. Even thought the representative and the owner had offered me reimbursement, they reneged when I presented the bill.

I will never go back to this place. The owner was rude, and the staff discourteous.

RB
Glendale, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2008 04:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bow-Wows-Pet-Grooming/Glendale-Arizona-85308/Bow-Wows-Pet-Grooming-Hurt-my-dog-and-didnt-reimburse-for-vet-still-charged-me-Glendal-344707. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bow Wow's Pet Grooming

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Why I won't pay the vet

AUTHOR: Tp - (U.S.A.)

This customer has been coming into my shop for several years. the average time a year has been 2. The records on our cards shows his dog is unruly and hard to do, but we always take the good with the bad. This dog had a old mass on his neck and when we tried to shave it off it left a mark as if we lifted a scab off. There was no blood but we informed the customer. They took the dog to the vet. I talked with the vet and he said it wasn,t anything, but he gave him a shot and med. in case a problem came up.

After talking with the vet, I told the customer I did not feel the dog needed the vet but I would give him credit on several grooming and hope he would bring the dog in a little more often. My groomers are very good and care about there work, but we can only do so much with a pet that is hard to handle. All of my groomers have at least 6 years behind them. We care about what we do. Thank you. Bow Wow Pet Grooming