• Report: #199713

• Submitted: Thu, July 06, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, July 07, 2006

• Reported By:Indianapolis Indiana
Bowman Heintz Boscia and Vician
8605 Broadway Merrillville, Indiana U.S.A.

Bowman Heintz Boscia and Vician ripoff Merrillville Indiana

*Consumer Comment: My advice

I have had the same problem as an earlier complaint that was posted on here. I made my initial payment of $300 and wanted $125 each month until my balance was paid in full. I cannot make such payments and I have tried to tell them that I DO have to pay rent and eat. They just won't listen. I've tried lowering the payment to $75 and they say that if I do not pay the $125 each month until the balance is paid that they will sue me. Is there anything that can be done about this????????????????????

Nancy
Indianapolis, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2006 01:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bowman-Heintz-Boscia-and-Vician/Merrillville-Indiana-46410/Bowman-Heintz-Boscia-and-Vician-ripoff-Merrillville-Indiana-199713. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bowman Heintz Boscia and Vician

My advice

AUTHOR: Timothy - (U.S.A.)

The first thing you can do is ignore idle threats. If you are sending them $75 per month, even if they won't agree to accept that amount, there is little chance that they will sue you. It costs them alot of money to sue you, and a successful lawsuit could end up netting them LESS than $75 per month. So send them $75 a month, along with a "cease and decist" letter the first month.

But what I find more effective with aggressive collectors is to send them a letter threatening that, if any more aggressive collection activities are undertaken (i.e. a lawsuit), you will divert the money you would be using to pay them towards a bankruptcy filing .

And remember, this is personal advice, not legal advice.

Best of luck!