Complaint Review: Box Car Stores - Jerry Hoffman

• Submitted: Tue, August 26, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, August 10, 2011

• Reported By:college Point New York
Box Car Stores - Jerry Hoffman
6300 Powers Ferry Rd Suite 600219 Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Box Car Stores - Jerry Hoffman Investment fraud using interview as bait Atlanta Georgia

*Consumer Comment: I was ripped off too!

*UPDATE Employee: Linda Pu Misrepresented Herself To Us

Last year my wife was contacted by this company and asked to fly down for an interview. She was told that they would pay for all of her expenses. They were very interested in her since she was in an existing position making six figures.

Against my better judgement, she accepted there offer to interview and incured over $400.00 in travel expenses that were never reimbured. Jerry hoffman did provider her with a PPM private placement memorandum and did ask her if she was interested in " investing in his idea".

When my wife told hoffman and his henchmen aron arandado she had no intention of investing in there business they never contacted her again. It clear that they are using interviews as bait to raise investment dollars illegally.

If anyone else has had this experience please contact me at (((Redacted))) as I am building a case to take to FINRA, SEC and the Georgia attorney general.

Tom
college Point, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2008 07:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Box-Car-Stores-Jerry-Hoffman/Atlanta-Georgia-30339/Box-Car-Stores-Jerry-Hoffman-Investment-fraud-using-interview-as-bait-Atlanta-Georgia-366966. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Box Car Stores - Jerry Hoffman

I was ripped off too!

AUTHOR: Kevin baker - (U.S.A.)

In June of 2007, Jerry Hoffman asked me to fly to Atlanta for an interview. He never reimbursed me for my expenses of nearly $700.

Kevin B.  from Holliston, MA

Linda Pu Misrepresented Herself To Us

AUTHOR: Jh Atlanta, Ga - (U.S.A.)

This persons wife is Linda Pu from College Point New York who interviewed with our company for a position as a buyer. She did not have the qualifications and credentials outlined on the resume she sent us.

We have had numerous job postings and get hundreds of resumes. We screen potential job candidates and verify as much information as we can before bringing someone in for an interview. They come to interview with us and we learn that they do not have the experience, education, knowledge or expertise their resume states they have. If they had been truthful on their resume we would not have wasted their time or ours bringing them in for an interview for a job they are not qualified for. These people misrepresented themselves to us and were not qualified to interview with us for the position. We do not feel obligated to pay expenses based on misrepresentation or falsehoods.