Complaint Review: Box Office Ticket Sales

• Updated: Sun, April 07, 2013

• Reported By: Marcia — West Simsbury Connecticut
Box Office Ticket Sales
17 E Monroe Street #217 Chicago, Illinois United States of America

Box Office Ticket Sales Ticket Brokers - internet based: BoxOfficeTickets.com Chicago, Illinois

*UPDATE Employee: Additionally

*UPDATE Employee: Tickets for high priority events.

In December, 2012, I purchased tickets for a Justin Beiber concert through BoxOfficeTickets.com. I had called the venue where the event is to be held (July, 2013) and they connected me to this ticket broker. I had never purchased tickets through a ticket broker before so this was a new experience for me. I paid over $500. for a pair of tickets that had been sold previously for $78.00 apiece. At no time was I informed that the tickets I purchased had been previously sold. I assumed these tickets were higher priced original tickets and the broker fee was pretty hefty. My purchase was confirmed on December 26,2012 when an invoice was e-mailed to me. A short time later I received tickets with someone else's name on them The ticket price of $78.00 was imprinted on each ticket. I had paid $250 each + 17.5% service fee. The sales date for these tickets -- December 28th -- was imprinted on the two tickets. This was two days after I received confirmation for my purchase. Something did not seem right. First blush,  I thought a mistake had been made and contacted the venue. They had to explain to me that I had just been ripped off by the ticket broker...and that they had been working with the State of Connecticut Consumer Protection Bureau to stop this broker. I provided all my documentation and they forwarded the information to the Consumer Protection Bureau. I then called The vendor and was put on hold a number of times without any pick-up. I left messages that went unanswered. I am now searching for the name of the company president and address for corporate headquarters. Meanwhile, I requested that American Express investigate the company. They had trouble with the vendor, too. I have now received a letter from American Express that I  need to pursue this on my own with the vendor. I would never do business with this ticket broker again. I will pursue this vendor until this is resolved. I feel totally ripped off. I also think there is some unethical behavior going on at the company that permits people/employees to churn tickets for a profit even after a sale has been made.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/07/2013 07:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Box-Office-Ticket-Sales/Chicago-Illinois-60603/Box-Office-Ticket-Sales-Ticket-Brokers-internet-based-BoxOfficeTicketscom-Chicago-Il-1041379. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Box Office Ticket Sales

Additionally

AUTHOR: Christa Koeller - ()

Additionally you indicate you contacted American Express to dispute this purchase and they indicated they also had problems with the vendor, please rest assured American Express has no problems with us, they understand our buisness and while you did dispute your purchase American Express reviewed all of the documentation submited by you and us regarding your claim, they concluded in our favor that we had not missrepresented this sale and had remained compliant with our agreement. That is why they were unable to help you and stated you could persue it on your own terms.

Thank You!

Tickets for high priority events.

AUTHOR: Christa Koeller - ()

Please be aware you contacted a secondary ticket market broker to purchase your tickets, never did we advertise you would be purchasing original tickets. As I’m sure you are aware Justin Bieber is a very popular concert with many of his concerts selling out within hours of tickets being listed for sale, that is where we come in. We act as an 3rd party connecting buyers to sellers especially for events where finding tickets seems impossible. Please also be aware that the "face value" price you state of $78 reflected on the ticket has no actual bearing on the ticket price. Prices often fluctuate based upon multiple factors including but not limited to availability for tickets ( if an event is sold out) popularity of the event of venue, marketability for tickets...etc. I also must point out that you AGREED to this purchase. You selected what area you wanted to sit in and how much you wanted to pay for your tickets. We have fulfilled our obligation in providing you the tickets to the event. If you check the prices for tickets for that event now on the resell market I think you will be pleasantly surprised to find out they are selling for even more now!

Enjoy your show!