Complaint Review: Box office ticket sales

• Updated: Sat, December 01, 2012

• Reported By: valerie — Freeport Maine United States of America
Box office ticket sales

Box office ticket sales total rip off - disguised as Portix Internet

I accidentally found this website on my phone. I was hurrying to buy tickets to a concert for myself and my 12 year old daughter. The website was disguised as our local ticket office and I didn't question it. I called the contact phone number and spoke to someone directly. I had earlier looked at the website and the tickets were $34. I mentioned that to him and he said, "oh these tickets just became available and are now listed as $79...sometimes that happens"

So he said the tickets were $79/each with a %17.5 percent internet charge and tax (he was a fast talker) - which ended up being $28. Later on I checked the website I thought I had used and the same tickets were indeed $34. I will enjoy the concert but I could've bought 2 more tickets for the price!! These guys are a ripoff - preying on folks who make the mistake of being trusting. Do not use this ticket website.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/01/2012 09:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Box-office-ticket-sales/internet/Box-office-ticket-sales-total-rip-off-disguised-as-Portix-Internet-976529. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Box office ticket sales