Complaint Review: BoxOfficeTicketSales.com

• Updated: Thu, March 14, 2013

• Reported By: Bill — Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
BoxOfficeTicketSales.com
17 E Monroe Street Chicago, Illinois United States of America

BoxOfficeTicketSales.com refuses to honor ticket sale agreed to and paid for, as described on their webpage Chicago, Illinois

Sent incorrect number of tickets paid for, and seats were not where they were supposed to be.
Upon modification based on complaint, I was promised new tickets for a specific set of new seats we agreed upon, to be delivered at a later date. When delivered, these seats were once again NOT the ones we agreed upon (either the new or original ones), and were vastly inferior.

A complaint this time got nowhere, with the ticket manager refusing to do anything about it. I note that their website specifically states under "our guarantee," that "You will receive the exact tickets you paid for, or you will get an upgrade free"  with another sentence below that one saying "If you do not receive the exact tickets you ordered, Box Office Ticket Sales guarantees that replacement tickets will be of equal or greater value than the tickets originally requested."

They clearly are not following their stated policy.

My ordeal with this company has been going on for three months and I'm now two weeks away from the event the tickets are for. The ticket manager refuses to do anything more since he claims I was given a 20% discount for the original error (which I was), although the replacement tickets I was supposed to get are cheaper than the ones I originally ordered anyway. Even so, as mentioned earlier, even the "replacement" tickets are not the ones we later agreed upon, with the seats now even more severely degraded. I should mention that I am talking about a ticket purchase in excess of $1,000.00

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2013 05:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BoxOfficeTicketSalescom/Chicago-Illinois-60603/BoxOfficeTicketSalescom-refuses-to-honor-ticket-sale-agreed-to-and-paid-for-as-describe-1034892. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BoxOfficeTicketSales.com