Complaint Review: Boxcar Stores

• Submitted: Wed, November 01, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, May 26, 2008

• Reported By:Mesa Arizona
Boxcar Stores
165 Chastain Center Blvd Kennesaw, Georgia U.S.A.

Boxcar Stores Interview Expense Rip-Off Kennesaw Georgia

*UPDATE Employee: Response To Ron From Mesa, Arizona's Extortion And False Claims

*Author of original report: Boxcar Stores - Something New Has Been Added!

*Consumer Comment: You are correct

Mr Jerry Hoffman encouraged me to come to the Atlanta area to interview for a position at his new start-up company.

He stated that all expenses would be paid for my trip from Phoenix to Atlanta.

When it was decided that I would not be a good fit for his planned company, I sent "copies" of my my expenses to him for payment.

After an extended number of attempts (over 4 weeks)to get him to send me a check, he emailed me that he would be doing that.

However, weeks later I still did not receive the check.

When I sent another email requesting payment, I was sent an email by Jerry's assistant stating that I needed to send them "originals" of my expense bills.

In light of the fact that there already is an entry in this Web-Site concerning how Boxcar Stores had ripped-off someone on expenses, I am uncomfortable sending originals.

My recommendation is that no one ever travel to Atlanta for an interview unless Jerry Hoffman pays the expenses in advance.

I will be contacting an attorney in the Atlanta area to pursue legal action against Jerry Hoffman and Boxcar Stores

Ron
Mesa, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/01/2006 02:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Boxcar-Stores/Kennesaw-Georgia-30144/Boxcar-Stores-Interview-Expense-Rip-Off-Kennesaw-Georgia-218642. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Boxcar Stores

Response To Ron From Mesa, Arizona's Extortion And False Claims

AUTHOR: Jh Atlanta, Ga - (U.S.A.)

I think Ron is a nut. He sent us 20,000 pages of fax and over 5,000 emails asking for money we do not owe him and there are many vendors in the produce world that will not deal with him.

We will post a complete dossier on the Ripoff Report. The data we are getting will all be verified before posting. Lots of data is coming in from vendors.

A court order for his harrassment is now being filed against him to cease. We will not submit to his blackmail or his extortion.

JH
Atlanta, GA

Response To Ron From Mesa, Arizona's Extortion And False Claims

AUTHOR: Jh Atlanta, Ga - (U.S.A.)

JH
Atlanta, GA

Boxcar Stores - Something New Has Been Added!

AUTHOR: Ron - (U.S.A.)

After nearly two years of attempting to get this thief (Jerry Hoffman) to reimburse me for the travel expenses he promised - he has now tried a new tactic to get me to give up.

I have received a Registered Letter from someone who claimes to be his attorney, stating that my Emails, Faxes, and Phone Calls are keeping Jerry and his partner thiefs from conducting what they claim is a legitimate business.

We all know that that part is definitely untrue - there is no business, only a continuing series of scams!

This supposed Attorney warned me that if I did not stop the Emails, Faxes, and Phone Calls immediately, they would seek injunctive relief in the Courts to make me stop.

Can you all believe that? He owes the money to me, he has numerous times admitted that he owes the money to me, and has even once or twice promised to send the money to me!

(He even once stated in an email that if I was a nicer person, he would have paid me the money that he owes.)

But now he is threatening to sue me to get me to leave him alone!

Since my original posting to this Web Site, there have been a continuing series of reports, articles, and other Web activity verifying that he continues to cheat people in an ongoing series of scams.

Eventually, he will have cheated enough people that there will be none left to cheat.

My sympathies go out to any fool who does business (or tries to do business) with this "Gang of Thieves"!

You are correct

AUTHOR: Peter - (U.S.A.)

You should have insisted that the interview company arrange and pay for your travel expenses in advance. Any reputable company that is truly motivated to recruit people will take care of this for you. Likewise, any company that requires you to pay for your own expenses up front is usually a rip off. Lesson learned!