Complaint Review: Boxee Box

• Submitted: Wed, February 27, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, February 27, 2013

• Reported By: Angry AJ — NY New York United States of America
Boxee Box

Boxee Box "D-Link Boxee Box DSM-380", Boxee Box knowingly put out a device that needed updates as soon as I took it out of its box, it's crap. Internet

I bought a DLink Boxee Box for my wife's birthday after researching the device fairly extensively only to discover to my dismay that the device would not even set out brand new out of it's box.

I had to spend countless hours on the phone with the customer service only to be told that before I could use this device I paid in excess of $200 I had to upgrade its software. It has worked intermittently at best since, becoming such an annoyance that we simply dont use it. After an initial period they had the audacity to want to charge me for customer service when I called in and also blatantly said that if they couldn't resolve the issue they would still bill us. I am now at my wits end and am returning this device but I would like to prevent any other consumer from going through this annoying process after paying good money for it.

It has many features but you would be lucky if you could utilize them. Don't buy this piece of crap.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2013 04:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Boxee-Box/internet/Boxee-Box-D-Link-Boxee-Box-DSM-380-Boxee-Box-knowingly-put-out-a-device-that-needed-upd-1021190. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Boxee Box