Complaint Review: Boyds Bengals

• Reported By: karen — Florida United States of America
Boyds Bengals
Richmond Hill georgia Richmond Hill, Georgia United States of America

Boyds Bengals Melody Boyd Sells Sick kittens Richmond Hill, Georgia

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Notice and Court Information for Individual who Posted the Complaint -

*Consumer Comment: Been to Boyd's Bengals and it's Amazing

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: OUTRIGHT LIE FROM DISGRUNTLED BREEDER

I Purchased a kitten from Melody Boyd approximately 6 months ago and I have had nothing but medical issues with the kitten.  The kitten came home from her cattery with liquid diarea and his eyes were running. Boyds Bengals claims they are always there for support when their kittens leave their cattery but this is so very untrue.  I want to warn anyone who is considering this cattery and anyone else who has bought a kitten to post what has happened to them because I am certain this is not an isolated case. Her attitude when addressing this was appauling to say the least. She came across blaming me for this poor little guys health issues instead of trying to help me resolve this ongoing problem. She also has avoided me and I had to call from numbers she would not recognize in order to get her on the phone. I never was nasty to her. I was looking for some help with boy. To date this Bengal has medical issues and still has not grown to the healthy average weight.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/23/2012 09:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Boyds-Bengals/Richmond-Hill-Georgia-31324/Boyds-Bengals-Melody-Boyd-Sells-Sick-kittens-Richmond-Hill-Georgia-972974. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Boyds Bengals

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Notice and Court Information for Individual who Posted the Complaint -

AUTHOR: Mboyd672 - ()

To the individual who posted the above complaint entitled Boyds Bengals Melody Boyd Sells Sick kittens Richmond Hill, Georgia:  Please be advised that I have filed a defamation lawsuit against you in connection with the false and inaccurate statements made in your posting.  In order to determine your identity, I intend to file a motion with a court requesting that Ripoff Reports reveal your user information.  The court filing, called a Motion for the Issuance of a Commission for an Out-of-State Subpoena, will be filed in Ocean County, New Jersey, under docket no. OCN-L-661-13, on May 22, 2013.  If you intend to oppose this motion, or wish to reveal your identity without the need for a court order, please contact my attorney Jody T. Walker, Esq., at jwalker@trimprulaw.com.

Been to Boyd's Bengals and it's Amazing

AUTHOR: Military Wife - (United States of America)

I drove over 2 hours each way to Boyd's Bengals to get a kitten from them about 2 weeks ago. I spent almost 2 hours in their home and saw each and every animal she had. Not only is their home spotless, but the animals are well cared for and obviously loved.

Our kitten was vet checked and the vet gave him a perfect health slip. The only thing the vet could find was a small bump on his back leg, that the vet attributed to rough play bite from a sibling. It has since cleared up and he's fine. There has been no liquid stool, no illness, and certainly nothing that the original poster said.

I am shocked about the O.p. complaint because when I spoke with Melody about the leg lump, she immediately emailed me back stating that if there was anything wrong, that she and I would work out based on what I wanted to do. She and I email every day and she's even agreed to give a cat to some friends of mine for free to help their diabetic daughter achieve a dream of owning a Bengal.

Melody produces beautiful and healthy bengals and her home is perfect for the cattery. She is obviously not in this for the money, but does this to help people like me own a quality bengal for a reasonable price.  And one last thing, as the OP said her cat was small... well mine at 4 months old is already just shy of 5 lbs...

I would tell anyone with 100% confidence that Boyd's bengals is THE place to purchase a bengal cat or kitten. You will not be let down.  It is my belief that the OP didn't step foot inside the cattery and certainly has lied to ruin the reputation of a very reputable person.

Should anyone want proof of my rebuttal, please reach out to me as I have every single email, as well as health records from my vet.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

OUTRIGHT LIE FROM DISGRUNTLED BREEDER

AUTHOR: Mboyd672 - (United States of America)

The report posted by "Karen" from "Florida" is an outright lie.  I have never sold a kitten to someone called "Karen" in Florida, and I certainly do NOT send home sick kittens.  All my kittens are vet-checked before they leave.  I stand behind my cats and I can provide a list of references from clients who are prepared to support me.

This lie was posted in response to this report I made about a breeder in New Jersey:

I am disgusted by this lie, it is an act of a desperate person trying to attack my reputation, except in her case, she does not have the facts to support her case.