Complaint Review: Boyer Investment Group

• Updated: Tue, March 26, 2013

• Reported By: Mike — Greensburg Pennsylvania
Boyer Investment Group
503 Reba Street McKeesport, Pennsylvania United States of America

Boyer Investment Group Josh Boyer Scam, Never Fix Anything, Is Keeping My Belongings, Only Responds When Money Is Involved McKeesport, Pennsylvania

When I initially moved into this rental property from Boyer Investment Group, I gave them 6 months rent up front plus a security deposit which totaled $8400.  I gave him an $8400 check and come to find out that the house was winterized and also mold all over the fridge which when I told them about it, they cleaned it.  The house had 3 bathrooms, in the master bedroom, the toilet in that bathroom was clogged.  On the day I moved in, one of the workers decided to urinate in there.  I called them for 3 weeks telling them about the clogged toilet and how much my room completely stunk like urine, how gross is it to smell someone else's urine for a month.  There was also black mold all over the duct work of the garage.  Since they were too lazy to come fix anything, I paid $1100 to have the toilet unclogged and the duct work tore down and have new duct work put up.  I lived there for almost 4 yrs and was on time with rent until I had some financial problems.  I was evicted a lot quicker than what I had thought.  I called him and asked if I could come back for my stuff once I found a place, I spoke with Josh Boyer and he said 'you have my word, I don't want your things'.  Well now he will not answer his phone and I cannot get my belongings, which is a lot.  Close to $15,000 in items and all of my clothes, I trusted him to let me get my things or I would have made arrangements a lot sooner to get things.  During the time I lived there, I replaced all the blinds myself, the sink faucet that leaked I replaced myself.  I put a lot of money from my own pocket into fixing that house.  The only time he will answer his phone is when money was involved.  One time during a storm, a huge tree branch bent over a ventilation pipe on the roof, I called so many times to have it fixed but they never showed up, even the neighbors complained.  I put enough money time and work into fixing that place and they couldn't fix a pipe.  The place didn't even have a mailbox so I had to buy one myself.  I would not recommend renting off this company, they are your typical landlords, only want to talk when money is involved and do not care about the condition of the place.  Even after I put all that money into fixing the place, it still is crap at $1200/month and also the location is terrible for that price.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2013 01:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Boyer-Investment-Group/McKeesport-Pennsylvania-15132/Boyer-Investment-Group-Josh-Boyer-Scam-Never-Fix-Anything-Is-Keeping-My-Belongings-Only-1037996. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Boyer Investment Group