Complaint Review: Brad Cheeks (owner Asheville NC Maaco)

• Submitted: Tue, April 29, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, September 10, 2010

• Reported By:phoenix Arizona
Brad Cheeks (owner Asheville NC Maaco)
1659 Old Haywood Road Asheville, North Carolina U.S.A.

Brad Cheeks (owner Asheville NC Maaco) uh-oh better NOT get Maaco!!! Asheville North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: Maaco Asheville Customer

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: You can't believe everything you read !!!!

*Author of original report: well 3rd time no luck

*Author of original report: no no no dont get maaco

Well I own a 2004 lincoln navigator and went to Maaco talked to Mike Demontigey (Manager) and Brad Cheeks (owner) about fixing my truck. I was ran off the road in to trees had one door handle pushed in and broke and millions of scratches.

I went to pick up my truck about a week later and talked to mike and told him I had some issues with the way my truck looked. He followed me to the parking lot where my truck was and I pointed out everything that was noticably wrong and mike told me I was being picky and that my suv isnt a show truck but that he would see what he could do.

So I left it there and the next day went back was told it was done. I told mike theres a scrach in my bumper he said its raining take you truck to a detailer he can get it out. now wait I took my truck to maaco to get work done but i have to take my truck to a detail shop for what? i paid 2782.18 for this?!
well my truck is worst now the it was the day it went in. the shop didnt do all the work to be done and took none of the scratches out of my truck and thew paint is 3 colors of black and body work is wavy and scratches still in it and they put tons of sanding marks from them sanding parts of my truck some of which weren't even damaged from the accident.

Currently i have been fighting with corporate office.. I have had the owner of the local maaco (Brad) tell me to go screw myself, and to stay away from his shop, i get the run around from Tim Nelson and Got rudely treated by Bruce (manager) at corp. office... I found the name of the C.E.O and have spoke to the secretatry named carol who told me that a sonya bowman will be in touch.. hopefully i can just get reimburst my 2782.18 plus gas money and call it a day.. A MONTH IN A HALF LATER!

2004lincolnnavi
phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/29/2008 07:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Brad-Cheeks-owner-Asheville-NC-Maaco/Asheville-North-Carolina-28806/Brad-Cheeks-owner-Asheville-NC-Maaco-uh-oh-better-NOT-get-Maaco-Asheville-North-Carol-329570. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Brad Cheeks (owner Asheville NC Maaco)

Maaco Asheville Customer

AUTHOR: draxxus9801 - (United States of America)

Today I got my car back from the Maaco in Asheville and I delt with Brad Cheek the whole time from start to finish. I own a 99 Honda Accord and after I got back from Maaco I google'd the Asheville Maaco for personal reasearch. This is what I found.

I recently got into a wreck and all I have is collision insurance so I had to pay out of pocket. The estimate and total was about $2250 less than any other place. Brad accumulated local parts as well as after-market and saved me a lot of money.

I was told before going to Maaco you get what you pay for. Yes it costs less but the service and quality will be less. I don't know anything about cars at all but the parts were assembled correctly the paint looks great ( I got the 2nd level paint job out of 4) and overall, to me, it looks like the same job for 75% less than what 2 other body shops quoted me

I hate that this is one of the first things potential customers read about because I have nothing but good things to say about Brad, Maaco, and the work they do SO FAR. Now, in 6 months I hope I have the same story to report but I don't want people to see this when they google Maaco in Asheville, NC like I did.

Brad SEEMS like a good guy, very down to earth and AS OF RIGHT NOW I would completely recommend Maaco in Asheville to anyone. I don't think Brad or Maaco deserves to get the bad press I saw when I searched google. Maybe this will help.

****God forbid I find something seriously bad out like the paints messes up after 6 months or the parts weren't put on right (I don't think it will happen) but I would definitely report it on here to let you all know but I doubt it would EVER have to come to that******

So would I recommend it? As of September 10th, 2010 8:11 PM.....Yes

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

You can't believe everything you read !!!!

AUTHOR: Brad cheek - (U.S.A.)

My name is BRAD CHEEK and I own the MAACO in ASHEVILLE.
I've been in business here since 2006 and painted and/or repaired almost 3000 vehicles. Out of those there are about 5 people that I could not please. This is the story of the craziest customer I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with!!

Amanda Hunt was paid around $2700 by her insurance company to repair damage she caused to her vehicle (ran off the road). She wanted to use the money to change color of her Navigator and told me as long as we could do it for under $2700 we could do it.

WE WORKED UP AN ESTIMATE TO DO JUST THAT.

When she first picked up the vehicle she seemed to be fine with it.

But it soon became evident that she was a con artist looking to screw MAACO.

We attempted to make her happy twice. She was very beligerent on the phone and I told her I would try again, at which time she told me : "You're not touching my car again ! I WANT A REFUND ! I then told her NO REFUNDS ! She then began to sream at me at which time I hung up on her.

Since she refused to let me buff the 2 scratches we missed. MAACO Corporate office then took over the case. MAACO flew their head painter to Greenville MAACO who re-painted her whole NAVIGATOR.( Because I personally told the owner of the Greenville MAACO not to touch the car or he would be sorry.)

When she picked up her car from Greenville she was still not happy(IMAGINE THAT!)

SO ! (without my consent) MAACO corporate gave this woman a FULL REFUND!!

RECAP: SHE GOT HER CAR PAINTED TWICE, HER INSURANCE PAID FOR IT, AND SHE GOT $2700 TO BOOT!

SO......WHO GOT SCREWED HERE !!!!!!!

AMANDA HUNT HAD 3 PENDING LAW SUITS LAST TIME I CHECKED. SO IF YOU OWN A BUSINESS BE ON THE LOOK-OUT FOR AMANDA HUNT !!!! SHE WILL SCREW YOU...IT'S WHAT SHE DOES !!!!

BRAD CHEEK-OWNER/MAACO-ASHEVILLE

well 3rd time no luck

AUTHOR: 2004lincolnnavi - (U.S.A.)

took the truck to sc to maaco and the shop there owned by luke did there part great but to so called pro painter maaco sent there to paint my truck omg its so full of dust and they didnt even take my mirrors or my trim off to do as full paint like they told me they would as per (tom tracy) they told me they fully paint my truck and do the jams as well so the whole truck would match not they coned me out of doing door jams and they dont match at all and the full paint they did sucks orange peel so bad my 2yr old could have did a better job and there so much dust in it it looks like sand paper. and then they painted my cowl some flat black and its scraced and and the tape they took off my mirrors left it all peeling they told id have to bring it back in a month to get it fixed keep in mind i have been dealing with this since feb. so
DONT EVER GO TO ANY MAACO TO GET ANYTHING DONE UNLESS YOU DONT CARE ABOUT YOU CAR ULL GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR NOTHING BUT CRAP WORK AND SERVICE
TOM TRACY IS THE BIGGEST LIER IN THE WORLD HE WILL SAY ONE THING AND CON YO OUT OF ALL HE SAID HE DO

no no no dont get maaco

AUTHOR: 2004lincolnnavi - (U.S.A.)

well after a month and a half we get our car fixed by corp. not brad cheeks but best part im told i can not go after brad cheeks for treating my wife like crap and putting her thought all the crap we went though to get this done or they will not fix my truck as they told me they were as per tom tracy. so im told i can not use my right as far as feedom of speech. that there god and can change laws
IF I WAS ANY I WOULD NEVER GO TO ANY MAACO BECOUSE THEY R ALL CRAP. TAKE IT FROM ME I HAVE DELT WITH THERE LIES AND CRAP FOR LONG EOUGH NOW
and as for them fixing my truck hell that doest pay for the time i have lost at work and out of my life all the gas i used and the 3 trips to hospital due to all the stress my wife had to go though and she is having a baby in 4 months hell the doc doesnt even know if she will make it full term due to all the stress we had to go though with maaco and there crapy bullsh@t owners
tom tracy was helpful till i said i wanted to do everything i can to shut down the maaco here in asheville. then i was told if was going to do that that they would not fix my truck after i drove all the way to greensville sc to drop it off there to get some other maaco to fit it.
lukes a ok guy in sc but hey its still maaco i didnt want any maaco to touch my truck at all but this tom guy say he take care of it and fly some expert painter that maaco has in to do our truck i think thats all crap on hes part but whatever

JUST NEVER GO TO MAACO THEY WILL MESS YOU CAR OR TRUCK UP ALOT MORE THEN IT WAS WHEN YOU TOOK IT THERE AND THEY WILL MAKE YOU FIGHT TO JUST GET IT DONE THEN STRIP YOU OF YOUR RIGHTS BY LAWS TO GET A THING DONE SO IN ALL JUST TAKE THERE SORRY BUSINESS TO COURT. ULL GET MORE JUSTICE THAT WAY AND WILL NOT HAVE TO DEAL WITH THERE CRAP AND LIES.