• Report: #819651

• Reported By: Wayne Stoops — Sharon Connecticut United States of America
Bragada
8 Raymond Avenue Poughkeepsie, New York United States of America

Bragada Total and complete ripoff and scam. Poughkeepsie, New York

My wife and I started a search for a memory foam mattress after my third back surgery.  WE live in Connecticut so, after contacting the company by phone, we drove to their showroom in Poughkeepsie to actually see the mattresses.  They felt OK in the store so we ordered a queen sized mattress and articulating bed frame.

A couple of weeks later, the mattress arrived, delivered by an independent trucking and set-up company. It was cold when we received the bed and the mattress was wrinkled when they placed it on the frame.  The first few nights sleep were ok, I guess, but not what I expected.  After only 2 weeks, I noticed that the mattress had taken a "set" where I was sleeping and did not recover its shape even by the next bed-time.

By the end of the third week, it felt like I was sleeping in a laundry basket.  The sag had increased to nearly 4 inches.  I called the company.  They asked me to take pictures and send it to them.  I did as they asked.
Even though I had, at that point, not owned the mattress for a month, they refused to pick it up.  The thing is so heavy that I could not pick it up and even if I could, what would I sleep on while they considered my claim?  After they stonewalled me for a month, my back pain was so bad, I hired some local workers to remove the mattress and throw it in a dumpster I had delivered. Total elapsed time: less than 2 months.

Conclusion:  Their warranty is totally worthless.  I spent $3500 on the mattress and frame, (still using the frame which they do not manufacture) and put a Select Comfort mattress on that frame. Their product is totally worthless, they have no warrantee and no money-back 30, 60, or 90 day trial period.  Look folks, there is a reason Tempur-Pedic costs more.  They are the real deal and offer a 90 day money back trial period. I'd bet that if they offered a 90 day trial period, they would have 100% of their mattresses returned.  Avoid this rip-off like the plague is my advice.  Incidentally, I posted a complaint on another site at the time and the owner called me, but still did nothing.  I can't believe that I had to have the thing thrown in a dumpster after less than 2 months use.  Avoid, Avoid, Avoid!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2012 09:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bragada/Poughkeepsie-New-York-12603/Bragada-Total-and-complete-ripoff-and-scam-Poughkeepsie-New-York-819651. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bragada