Complaint Review: Brake Check #422

• Updated: Fri, January 27, 2012

• Reported By: Joe — San Antonio Texas United States of America
Brake Check #422
8650 Marbauch Internet United States of America

Brake Check #422 Performed sub standard work, provided sub standard parts, tried to sell unrequired parts and service, created more problems than they fixed, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Sorry to hear about disappointing experience.

on Saturday, January 14,2011, My wife took our 97 yukon to Brake check on Marbauch Rd. The vehicle was inspected and was found to require brake pads, wheel cylinders, and clean / flush of the brake system . We approved the repairs for the rear brakes and the flush. they promptly began to work on the vehicle, when the service manager returned saying our 14 year old vehicle required "dealer only" Wheel cylinders and there would be a price increase, they could not finish the job till Monday morning, and that the master cylinder was leaking.

We promptly pulled out our service records to show them that the master cylinder had already been replaced and the moisture they saw was from spillage. We paid for the work that had been approved and left the shop. My wife called them on monday morning and they were still waiting on the parts to arrive.  An hour later they called back saying the now the ABS light is coming on and we need to replace the front wheel hub assemblies for an additional cost $653.00. Disgruntled by this I started calling around to other repair shops and the dealer. I was told that the only thing that needs to be replaced was a simple sensor that goes on the hub, a $32.00 item.

We instructed them to finish the approved work and we would be picking up the vehicle. When I arrived the Manager "Mike" greeted me with a attitude and stated that in his opionon we should replace the hub, even thou there is nothing wrong with it. I bit my lip and we left with the vehicle. We promptly took the vehicle to a friends place of employment where he inspected the hubs only to find the sensor had been purposly unplugged. Please do not trust your life or the life of your loved one to these people. all they care about is ringing up the sale! The Pevot's father would be very disappointed in what his company has become...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2012 09:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Brake-Check-422/internet/Brake-Check-422-Performed-sub-standard-work-provided-sub-standard-parts-tried-to-sell-u-828932. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Brake Check #422

Sorry to hear about disappointing experience.

AUTHOR: Brake Check - (USA)

I am sorry to hear of the disappointing experience you had at Brake Check. In order for our business to improve we must listen to our customers and respond to their feedback, both positive and negative.  I have sent this comment to the Division Manager, who is over this store so that he can be aware of the situation and talk to his staff about the problem.  He will be contacting you about this situation.  Thank you for your time. We hope we can get to the bottom of this and win you back as a Brake Check customer. You can email us at  gift@brakecheck.com or call 877-912-7253 and ask for customer service.