Complaint Review: Brake Check

• Updated: Wed, June 27, 2012

• Reported By: Donna — Alice Texas United States of America
Brake Check
5618 S Padre Island Drive Corpus Christi, Texas United States of America

Brake Check Broke My Headlights and Then Threatened to Have Me Arrested Corpus Christi, Texas

I took my car to one of the Brake Checks in Corpus Chirti this evening and on the test drive my headlight got broken out and the light assembly broken. I live 60 miles from the store and have a class A CDL which means if I got stopped for the broken headlight I would get points against my drivers license (a warning is the same as a ticket and the 1st year the points count as triple) and they would also count against the company to which I am leased; they last 4 years. They told me to drive it home and come back when they had the new assembly and, no, they would not pay for my gas to make the 2nd round trip. I asked them to rent me a car so my driving record would not be put in jeopardy, they
told me to move my car or they would push it out.

I finally called the police and had a report made for the damages. The 'corporate director' told me to give them my key so they could back my car out. [continued below]....
..... They had already broken my headlight assembly, the guy let my car roll into the concrete stops taking the chance on messing up my tires and my rims and they told me I was on my own - I wasn't going to let them drive my car again. (I can parallel park a tractor trailer, I can back a Toyota Corolla out of a bay.) The 'corporate owner' went ballistic and told me if I ever came back he would have me arrested for trespassing. I told him I wanted a refund of my lifetime warranty that I've had for years, he said it was mine.

It is now 2 full days later and I still am no closer to getting my car fixed than I was the day they broke it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/27/2012 03:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Brake-Check/Corpus-Christi-Texas-78412/Brake-Check-Broke-My-Headlights-and-Then-Threatened-to-Have-Me-Arrested-Corpus-Christi-T-903798. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Brake Check