Complaint Review: Brake Check

• Submitted: Mon, October 29, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, October 29, 2007

• Reported By:San Antonio Texas
Brake Check
320 E. Nakoma San Antonio, Texas U.S.A.
  • Phone: 210-494-8701
  • Web:
  • Category: Employers

Brake Check Ex-Employee speaks out San Antonio Texas

First and foremost, I appologize for the isseus you have had. As an ex-employee I can assure you that we technicains were only doing what we were told. I came to work for Brake Check after I had no other choice due to child support and an unrelenting ex.

I had been working at a Nissan dealership for the past two and a half years. I had about $6000.00 invested in tools, and 6 years of automotive experience. I was making $15.00 per hour there at Nissan, doing the not so "involved" jobs. Due to a new manager over hiring too many technicians I had to be let go. After my many tears, I got a job at Brake Check.(more tears ensued)

My starting salary at BC was $7.25 per hour. I quickly took the crappy Brake check tests in order to make my pay go up. After two months of waiting and being promised "it will be on the next check" I gave up. My attitude towards the mangers had completely dissipated. Lo and behold the managers hire some freshly graduated teens just out of highschool. Their starting salary was the same as mine. Even though I did everything while they basically lifted the vehicles and cleaned the shop floors.

During my times there at Brake Check I witnessed first hand the unproffesionalism of the managers. The parts are a joke. We would often get the brake pads in from the warehouse all ready f'd up. The backings would be seperated from the pads. Some were cracked, some wouldn't fit, most had extra metal on the backing part that we would have to grind off.

We got so many complaints per day about the "quality" of the parts it was ridiculous. The most the managers would do is replace the parts with more of BC's parts. The customers would return with the same problem most of the time. Our manager, who decide to walk out and tell Jerry off would replace the parts with some from carquest or advanced auto. Problem solved.

I do agree with one other person stating that the technicians don't know how to do this type of stuff because most of them don't. The Pevetos are amongst the richest people in San Antonio. I believe it's becasue they under pay their employees, and most of all because of the shitty parts they produce. Their attitude towards techs are we will just find some other idiot that will work for that amount.

I don't recommend anyone take thier cars there. tell everyone you know. Hell tell everyone you don't know.

I can say that the one I worked at on 1604 and Bandera, we techs did all the work we were supposed to. I never skimped on a job. I even advised people to not do the caliper rebuilds and other items that they did not need but were told that they needed. Of course the managers didn't know that.

There are some good managers left. As far as I know. Sam, Chris, and Jayson to name a few.

Believe me they don't care about customers vehicles, or about the employees.

the techs aren't allowed to wear jackets outside in the cold working on cars, but the managers, who stay in the office get to wear jackets....retards.

Ex employee
San Antonio, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2007 08:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Brake-Check/San-Antonio-Texas-78216/Brake-Check-Ex-Employee-speaks-out-San-Antonio-Texas-281760. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Brake Check