Complaint Review: Brake Check

• Submitted: Fri, July 10, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, July 10, 2009

• Reported By:converse Texas
Brake Check
9014 Perring Beitel San Antonio, Texas U.S.A.

Brake Check Ripped off a disabled person San Antonio Texas

I took my vehicle to brake check, and said that i wanted pads, and shoes. they told me that if i did not have all of this other work, that they could not guarantee the work.

So I said go ahead. They hit me with a bill of $385.00. After they were done, we went for a test drive, and my brake pedal went all of the way to the floor before the vehicle would stop. They said that was the best it was going to get. I told them i was not happy with that, and would not pay.

They then came out and told me that the master cylinder was bad, and that the price would go up to, $522.92, (more than what my vehicle is worth) i was stuck, because without the master cylinder, i could not drive the vehicle without possibly having an accident on the way home.

I think it was dirty the way they went about doing the brakes. I told them that the brake pedal would go down at a stop light, and that was the master cylinder that was bad. They even agreed, but still waited to do that last, knowing that i could not leave without that work being done.

Richard
converse, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/10/2009 11:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Brake-Check/San-Antonio-Texas-78217/Brake-Check-Ripped-off-a-disabled-person-San-Antonio-Texas-468268. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Brake Check