Complaint Review: Brake Masters - David Taylor Manager

• Submitted: Mon, October 20, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, December 11, 2008

• Reported By:Highland California
Brake Masters - David Taylor Manager
1705 Lugonia Suite 101 Redlands, California U.S.A.

Brake Masters - David Taylor Manager Mr. Taylor is a liar, misleading, and desceitful. He does not stand behind his repairs Redlands California

*Author of original report: Brake Masters Redlands Ca.

Our experience with Brake Masters started when some bad repairs at another company had been determined. That company sent us to Brake Masters to fix the problems they had admitted to. At first Mr. Taylor told us this problem created by the other company was very common, and if it happened again he would advise that we demand replacement of the part by that company. Not just a repair. I have 3 vehicles, that are always in need of repairs. So we decided that Mr. Taylor who told me he was the owner of the shop, seemed like an honest business man, and that we could use them for all our auto needs.

The repair in question was to our 2002 Honda Civic which needed a timing belt, and water pump replaced. We were quoted 279.00 for the repair which seemed to be a great price. They did the work. They said they had to take the car on a 30 minute road test to make sure all was ok with the repairs. We arrived early to pick up the car. We waited in the parking lot. At which time we observed the car returning to the shop. The repairman was driving the car, but we were also suprised to see he had a passenger with him. They exited the car, and the passenger who was a female then got into a car that was next to our car in the parking lot, and drove off. I questioned why they would have another person in the car, and Mr. Taylor said the repairman was doing his test drive when he saw a customer of theirs walking in the heat, and he decided to give her a lift. Well she did not appear to be a customer because she never went into the shop she just got into her car, and drove off??

After we picked up the car we started hearing a loud knocking noise when you ingaged the clutch. We returned to Brake Masters to find out it was not the clutch that needed repair, but a large crow bar that was left under the hood, happy that it was not another expensive car repair we then left the shop.

Shortly afterwards a light on the dash came on that we needed to have the engine checked. We referred to the owners manual. It indicated that either the gas cap was not operating correctly, or their was an emission problem with the car, and to take it to the dealer ASAP! So that is what we did.

The dealer told us it would cost 94.00 to check it out, and put it on a scope to find out why the light was on. The report came back that the pos crank shaft sensor was damaged, and the timing belt cover was cracked. The dealer said since the timing belt had just been replaced. We should return to the shop that did the work, because that is why the check engine light had come on.

I then left the repair shop very angry, and I called the corporate office for Brake Masters. I spoke with Laura Rimerez who advised me she would advise the shop of our returning, and the owner would contact me by the end of the day. That did not happen. So I returned to the shop where Mr. Taylor advised me he had heard nothing in regards to our problem from the corporate office.

Mr. Taylor told me they would be happy to check it out, and if the problem was caused by the repair he would be happy to return the 94.00 charge that the dealer was paid. When we picked up the car we were told that they replaced the pos sensor, but that it was not damaged by them, that it just was bad to start with. I questioned him on it, and he said that they replaced it just to satistfy the customer, and that the crack in the timing belt cover would not make the light on the dash come on. He also stated that the pos sensor was not even part of the timing belt repair. He stated it was located in another part of the engine some distance from the timing belt.

I then contacted the dealer again at which time the parts department, and 2 repairman at the dealer confirmed that the sensor is located inside the timing belt, and that the shop was not being truthful with me.

I then contacted Laura again at the corporate office at which time she confirmed that Mr. Taylor was not the owner, and he was not being truthful about her contacting him in regards to my complaint. I told her that I did not want to be contacted by Mr. Taylor again regarding this matter since everything he had told me was a lie.

Mr. Taylor did call me back, and again tried to pass himself off as the owner. He questioned why I wanted the refund for the 94.00 that I paid to the dealer. I advised him that I could not trust anything he said, and that I could not believe he would ask such a question. It was obvious he had made bad repairs to our car, and was not willing to make it right. He then stated I should have brought the car to him first. So he would have a chance to check it out. I advised him after checking the manual (which did not indicate any problems with the timing belt but an emissions problem, and that was why it was taken to the dealer). We had no way of knowing the two were related until they checked it out.

Mr. Taylor confirmed my mailing address, and advised me he would be sending out a check to cover the 94.00 charge, but still did not think it was the fault of his shop.

Well, its been almost 3 weeks and guess what, still no check received from Mr. Taylor to cover our out of pocket expense.

Ireallytried 2resolve w/mr taylor
Highland, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/20/2008 08:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Brake-Masters-David-Taylor-Manager/Redlands-California-92374/Brake-Masters-David-Taylor-Manager-Mr-Taylor-is-a-liar-misleading-and-desceitful-He-382855. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Brake Masters - David Taylor Manager

AUTHOR: Ireallytried 2resolve w/mr taylor - (U.S.A.)

This entire situation could have been avoided if the business had just done the right thing from the start, and taken care of the customer as I had requested in the first place.

I never asked Mr. Taylor for anything other than for him to cover our out of pocket expenses, for poor repairs made by his repairman. Unfortunately they have lost alot of money on future repairs to our 3 vehicles, and not to mention if anyone asks me if I know of a good shop in our area for auto repairs.

Imagine If Mr. Taylor would have taken care of my request up front? A happy customer is a very good thing for any company to have, because it is free advertising, and a sure guarantee of future revenue for the company. It is critical in todays marketplace. Instead he wanted to just try and pass the poor workmanship off as something else, and argue and piss off the customer even more. In todays economic times it looks like we both come out as losers. I lost a chance to have a shop to take my autos to for repairs.

I received a call from Mr. Taylor today. He wanted to know why I had not updated my report filed with ripped off. I apologized to him, and told him I would do so asap! However I am not sure if he took anything positive away from this experience, because he still wanted to argue with me on the phone, and did to not listen to what I was saying to him. He just keep saying that if I did not take care of this he was going to sue me. I think Mr. Taylor already knows what he has lost.

After several phone calls, and another report filed with the better business bureau we finally did receive our out of pocket cost for the poor repairs made to our vehicle.

Finally, Thank you Mr. Taylor for taking care of your customers. Something you as a business should be doing anyway to stay in business.