Complaint Review: Brake Masters

• Reported By: been there — Elk Grove California USA
Brake Masters
8456 Elk Grove Blvd Elk Grove, California United States of America

Brake Masters Giant RipOff-Get brake service elsewhere. Elk Grove, California

This happened several years ago but this is the first time I have come across your weBsite to report this occurrence.

When Brake Masters first opened in Elk Grove I had a noise when I braked and decided to use this new to Elk Grove company.  I had seen other stores in Sacramento and found that it was a national company and at the time we were having some financial difficulties.  The thought of a $99 brake job was very appealing.  I made an appointment and dropped off my 2001 Ford Windstar van.  I was told that I could pick it up by 4:30.

I received a call around 11 am and was told that the brakes and rotors were bad and that when all was said and done it cost me over $400 for my $99 brake job.  That was bad enough but when I picked up my van I was told that my rear brakes and rotors were very bad and I was putting myself and my family in harms way to drive the van with those brakes.  I told them that I did not have any more money and would have to wait for payday in 2 weeks but they really scared me.  I had a bad feeling about Brake Masters and so 2 weeks later I took the van to Les Schwab for the rear brakes.  I again dropped off the van on the way to work and received a call at 10 am to see why I wanted new rear brakes.  I told them what B.M.-(initials fit don't they?) told me and Les Schwab said there was nothing wrong with my rear brakes and they probably had at least 20,000 or more miles before they needed replacing.  They also checked the rotors and said they were in great shape.

I then called and e-mailed corporate and never got a response.  Stay away.  I have yet to meet anyone who got a $99 brake job here.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/05/2009 09:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Brake-Masters/Elk-Grove-California-95758/Brake-Masters-Giant-RipOff-Get-brake-service-elsewhere-Elk-Grove-California-504469. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Brake Masters