Complaint Review: Brake Masters

• Reported By:hesperia California
Brake Masters
HESPERIA, California U.S.A.

Brake Masters Store RIP OFF ARTISTS HESPERIA California

On 4-16-08 I took my vehicle to the Hesperia store because my rear brakes were locking up. Brake master did the rear brakes in 2006 and they messed up the first time so i had to take it back and they re-did the work, yet they still did not work very well.
So on 4-16-08 they worked on the rear brakes, they called and told me that they had ALL the wheels off and that my front brakes "WERE CRACKED AND FALLING APART" & "THERE WAS ONLY 5% LEFT ON THE FRONT PADS" and that for $217.00 they could fix the front brakes, i said no.
So the next day i went to Pep Boys and bought front brake pads and went home to fix them myself, after removing the front wheels it was apparent that the brake calipers had never been removed (still grease on the bolts) upon removal of the front pads the pads WERE NOT CRACKED and HAD MORE THAN 5% LEFT ON THEM, more like 50% and THEY WERE NOT CRACKED OR FALLING APART.
So needless to say they tried to RIP ME OFF and failed to do so. I have worked on cars before and could tell that the front brakes were never even inspected. I know this will be my word against theirs and they will deny that they said that.
So i can tell you that I WILL NEVER GO TO BRAKE MASTER AGAIN AND ALL MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY WILL KNOW HOW SNEAKY THEY ARE AND NOT TO GO THERE.
I should take the old pads back to them and have them show me "the cracks" and how they are falling apart, because they seemed fine to me.
These guys are crooks and I hope your company does what is right..........
Thanks

Jmtben
hesperia, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/20/2008 09:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Brake-Masters/HESPERIA-California-92344/Brake-Masters-Store-RIP-OFF-ARTISTS-HESPERIA-California-327456. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Brake Masters