Complaint Review: Brake Masters

• Submitted: Mon, May 05, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, May 05, 2008

• Reported By:hesperia California
Brake Masters
16893 Main St Hesperia, California U.S.A.

Brake Masters !!! STAY AWAY FROM BREAK MASTERS-THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF !!! Hesperia California

I just want to tell your company that I will NEVER GO THERE AGAIN, and I make sure to tell my family and friends to stay away from Break Masters too, since the best advertisement is word of mouth....well I work at a huge state facility that employs roughly 1,000 people, so that is bad for business.

Here is my reason.

In 2006 I took my vehicle to one of your stores in Pomona and had them do the rear brakes, they told me that I needed new brake pads and new drums, so I approved this and had them do the work, which took like 5 hours or so.

The brakes never felt like they worked properly so I took it back AGAIN to the Hesperia store, well it just seems that neither of them could get it right, and they told me that the brakes needed to be broken in? PPFFF.. I have never heard of that? but whatever.......
So in April my rear brakes started locking up, I took it back again to the Hesperia BREAK MASTERS store.

They called and told me that my vehicle was ready but I needed new brakes on the front and they had everything apart already and could replace the front brakes for $240, I told them not to touch the front.

When I arrived at the store and asked what was wrong with the rear brakes they said they had to "sand the rear brake pads" so I paid the $40 and left, well needless to say the problem continued........so I took my vehicle to another mechanic and after inspection they showed me the rear brake drums and we confirmed that the Pomona store DID NOT PUT NEW DRUMS ON MY VEHICLE, THEY WERE USED PARTS!!!

So the new and better mechanic turned the drum and fixed the problem.

So why couldn't BREAK MASTERS find this problem?
Why did they install used parts on my vehicle yet sell them to me as brand new parts?

I am wondering what your company will do to resolve this dishonesty?

Can they fix it or do I need to go to court?
All I can say is Brake Masters is lucky I didn't get in an accident due to their negligent work because I would have sued big time!!

JUNIOR
hesperia, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/05/2008 10:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Brake-Masters/Hesperia-California-92345/Brake-Masters-STAY-AWAY-FROM-BREAK-MASTERS-THEY-WILL-RIP-YOU-OFF-Hesperia-Californ-330606. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Brake Masters