Complaint Review: Brake Team Aka Just Brakes

• Submitted: Mon, April 17, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, July 19, 2008

• Reported By:Sherwood Oregon
Brake Team Aka Just Brakes
8750 SW Tualatin Sherwood RD, Tualatin, Oregon U.S.A.

Brake Team Aka Just Brakes Brake Team aka Just Brakes dishonest and dangerous Tualatin Oregon

*Consumer Comment: ARE YOU SURE

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Brake Team's other names

*Author of original report: Brake Team

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Just Brakes ???AKA Brake Team

Brake Team left my master cylinder cap off and left a faulty bleeder screw in. I lost my brakes 3 hours later on I-5-past Seattle. I spent an entire day listening to this company's crap. They wanted me to DRIVE my truck home. I refused. I sat from 10:30 in the morning until after 6Pm until they agreed to tow me back. They then fixed my brakes after my pleading but refused to refund what I had paid.

I filed a complaint with the State Attorney Generals office. The complaint is on record. Brake Team told the state they would pay me 400.00 for my inconvience but I have not seen a penny. Please DO NOT risk your life for the sake of convienence or to save time by ussing this company...take your vehicle to a experienced shop with integrity. Brake Team lied and fabricated what actually happened to save their skins. The complaint is on record for you to check out. I was told that they do or did do business as Just Brakes. There are many more dispicable details too lengthy to mention as to what these jerks tried to pull. I was told by an attorney that Oregon is a haven for these types of sleazy businesses due to it's weak consumer laws.

Barb
Sherwood, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2006 09:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Brake-Team-Aka-Just-Brakes/Tualatin-Oregon-97062/Brake-Team-Aka-Just-Brakes-Brake-Team-aka-Just-Brakes-dishonest-and-dangerous-Tualatin-Ore-187169. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Brake Team Aka Just Brakes

ARE YOU SURE

AUTHOR: Paul - (U.S.A.)

IVE SAT HERE READING YOUR COMMENTS AND HAVE SOME QUESTIONS. I DID A JUST BRAKES SEARCH AND I DIDN'T SEE ANY JUST BRAKES IN OREGON ALSO THE GENTLEMEN WHO SAID HE WAS IN COLLEGE AND POSTED A COMMENT DOES COLLEGE TEACH YOU TO SPELL AND TYPE THAT WAY THEY AREN'T DOING SUCH A GOOD JOB. NOW I HAVE BEEN A TECHNICIAN FOR OVER 28 YEARS WITH GM AND THERE ARE MANY OPINIONS ON HOW JOBS SHOULD BE PERFORMED ON YOUR CAR DEPENDING ON THE TECHNICIAN JUST BECAUSE 1 SHOP SAYS ANOTHER SHOP IS A RIP OFF THATS NOT ALWAYS TRUE. THERE IS NO UNITY IN THE AUTOMOTIVE FIELD AND ALL SHOPS ARE IN COMPETION WITH EACH OTHER SO THE SHOP THAT IS DOING THE BAD MOUTHING REALLY JUST WANTS YOUR BUSINESS TO.
THERE ARE A SET OF STANDARDS FOR ALL BRAKE REPAIRS. BRAKE MANUFATURERS
RECOMMEND RECONDITIONING OR REPLACEMENT OF CALIPERS AND WHEEL CYLINDERS WITH EVERY BRAKE JOB. AS TECHNICIANS WHO WORK FLAT RATE IT PAYS MORE TO DO WHAT WE CALL A HANG AND TURN BECAUSE IT GET THE CAR OUT OF THE BAY FASTER THAN REPLACING OR RECONDITIONING CALIPERS AND WHEEL CYLINDERS. MOST OF THE PARTS REPLACED TODAY ARE NO LONGER REPAIRED BY THE TECHS ANY MORE ITS JUST REPLACED AND HAVING TO WAIT ON THE PART JUST TAKES TIME AWAY FROM THE TECH IF THE CAR IS SITTING THERE ON HIS OR HER RACK SO ITS MORE COST EFFECTIVE TO THE TECH WHO IS BEING PAID FLAT RATE TO JUST DO A HANG AND TURN. NOW I DO REALIZE NOT ALL PEOPLE WHO WORK IN THE AUTOMOTIVE FIELD ARE TOTALLY HONEST BUT ALL COMPANIES HAVE THAT SAME PROBLEM.
YEARS AGO THERE WAS AN EMPLOYEE OF A FAST FOOD RESTAURANT WHO SMACK A MOUSE WITH A SPATULA AND FLIPPED IN INTO THE FRENCH FRIER BUT DID WE STOP EATING FAST FOOD NO. THERE ARE ALWAYS SOME BAD APPLES IN THE BUNCH BUT NOT ALL THE PEOPLE WHO WORK IN THE FIELD ARE THERE ARE STILL MORE HONEST ONES THAN NOT.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Brake Team's other names

AUTHOR: Myself - (U.S.A.)

I remember that, i worked for brake team for a little bit and this seemed to be a common thing. My advice to everyone is don't go there, the techs are minimally trained and routinely asked to do things out side of their skill range, many times the company (General Manager) pressures the managers and techs to "just get it done" and if to many cars come though then usually parts don't get installed right or pieces don't get tightened correctly. That same week i believe we has several other cars come back on a tow truck. I remember there being a big stink that the GM didn't want to pay out to another place to fix your brakes they wanted to handle it "in house"

I left the company because of things like this.

I know for sure Brake Team is a DBA for The Brake Place (that is what my W2's say) Just Brakes sounds super familiar, however I don't know if it was a DBA too. I do know the brake team portion in Nevada, Oregon, Washington, was just bought out.

Brake Team

AUTHOR: Barb - (U.S.A.)

A reputable mechanic is acually the one who gave me the information regarding this rip off outfit being related. No matter-Brake Team is still a sleazy, low class operation.

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Just Brakes ???AKA Brake Team

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

just brakes does not have any store in that area and brake team is not even related to just brakes so you need to get things straight with that