Complaint Review: Brake Team of Hillsboro

• Updated: Thu, January 03, 2013

• Reported By: HippoGirl — Beaverton Oregon United States of America
Brake Team of Hillsboro
6695 Southeast TV Hwy. Hillsboro, Oregon United States of America

Brake Team of Hillsboro Wanted to charge me $4000 for a part available new at a dealership for $140 Hillsboro, Oregon

I was having some trouble with my brakes so I visited Brake Team of Hillsboro.  After waiting a few hours for the repair tech to examine my car, the lead comes up with an estimate.  Not only do all 4 wheels need new brakes, but my Anti-Lock Breaks also needed repair.  (which was fine and not entirely unexpected...)

However, in his estimate of over $5000 to replace all 4 brakes, $4000 of the amount was the cost of a single part.  Flabbergasted by the total, I nervously let them do a patch repair on my back breaks to get me through until I could get some funds together.  They took my entire paycheck for what little I allowed them to do.

When I got home, I had some friends do some research.  The part they were going to charge me $4000 for was available at a local dealership for $140 - brand new with a 2 year warranty.  Needless to say I did NOT return to let them finish the job.  Instead, I had the same friends who helped me shop around install the parts for a fair fee.  The parts (all new with warranties) and the labor came to a total of about $890.

I will never go there again.  As a single woman, it's hard enough to not be intimidated at an auto repair shop.  Places like Brake Team of Hillsboro are the reason why.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2013 09:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Brake-Team-of-Hillsboro/Hillsboro-Oregon-97123/Brake-Team-of-Hillsboro-Wanted-to-charge-me-4000-for-a-part-available-new-at-a-dealershi-991003. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Brake Team of Hillsboro