Complaint Review: BrakeOverstock, Inc.

• Submitted: Wed, May 22, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, May 22, 2013

• Reported By: Ryan — Fayette Ohio
BrakeOverstock, Inc.
Internet USA

BrakeOverstock, Inc. Parts were ordered and are marked as different name. When called, they lied and asserted they were theirs. Internet

*Author of original report: Callahan is not Power Stop, just a cheap name

*Consumer Suggestion: Power Stop owns the Callahan trademark

I ordered two Callahan brake rotors off of Ebay username brake_overstock. When I received them, they were found to be Powerstop brake rotors. It said the name right on the two boxes. I called brake overstock and all they said was that they were Callahan brake rotors. I advised them that they are absolute junk and I wanted my money back. They tried to advise me that they were high quality rotors. I advised the customer service representative that they are made in China so the are junk and also advised her that I was a cnc operator at TRW automotive. I told her that a good rotor has to be of American quality. She tried to tell me that there was not any American foundries making rotor blanks. I told her Waupaca makes a very good quality rotor and she was wrong. She continued to assert that I was wrong when I personally know and have seen these foundries for myself in Wisconsin. She told me I can send the rotors back. I am sending the junk rotors back. I have called Ebay and advised them that consumers are getting scammed from this company. It seems that this company has been seeling junk rotors on Ebay since 2012. They have pride in what they say 20 years of inustry experience. I think they have about a year experience and have been selling junk since they started on Ebay.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2013 06:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BrakeOverstock-Inc/internet/BrakeOverstock-Inc-Parts-were-ordered-and-are-marked-as-different-name-When-called-th-1053121. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BrakeOverstock, Inc.

Callahan is not Power Stop, just a cheap name

AUTHOR: - ()

Callahan does not have near the quality of Power Stop. If you think so, how long have you been turning rotors at an American facility? I tested their microfinish at 2.31 which is way below any quality standard at any major auto manufacturer. I may have not sent out the rotors to a metallurgist but can say since I have turned over 500,000 rotors of off Okuma Howa, Hessapp, and Weisser lathes in America. The metal used is junk as it is too soft to handle anything over a year of braking. The turning process is also junk as I measured (calipers, micrometers, and supermicrometers, Mitutoyo) the rotors and almost all tolerances were nearly out of spec. The rotors were bad enough that they could not be turned .001 from either side of the disk face or they would be out of tolerance. If you run anything at the maximum tolerances allowed and not at mean, you are bound to run into problems such as noncleanup and runout. I was so angered by the rotors that I did not check the runout. The rust inhibitor used was most likely some used type of oil and not meant to be used as a rust inhibitor. Before you make comments, I would advise you know what you are talking about. I did not look up any other problems for callahan as I did not care about what others said, only what I knew. Obviously, you are sent out to find and refute any claims against this company as it is ruining their image. Change the quality, make it in America, and you would have no problem.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Power Stop owns the Callahan trademark

AUTHOR: KeMBro2012 - (USA)

Whether you received Power Stop or Callahan rotors is immaterial here, as they sell the exct same parts under both brands. If you got one, you also got the other. See here: https://trademarks.justia.com/855/52/callahan-brake-parts-85552368.html

In short, you got the right parts, they just weren't what you expected they'd be.

Also, after several hours of searching ,the only negative info I could find about Callahan brake parts, aside from their name being a direct reference to the movie Tommy Boy, is this report and one guy spamming a few forum threads because he happened to get an imbalanced rotor. In this case, they took the item back without hassle (and no, correcting you when you are wrong is not hassle). In the other case, the guy apparently never contacted the manufacturer but, rather, too the rotors to a machine shop *after* posting; he does not appear to have followed up on any of the threads he spammed, so one can only assume it was determined that the rotors actually were not the problem.