Complaint Review: Brands Mart

• Submitted: Sun, January 25, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, January 25, 2009

• Reported By:Coral Springs Florida
Brands Mart
Deerfield Beach, Florida U.S.A.

Brands Mart Extended Warranty Overceeds Manufacturer Warranty Deerfield Beach Florida

I purchased a HDTV Cable ready Sharp TV July 2005 with a 3 year extended Warranty. I had a cable box through my cable company. I have since returned my cable box.

Here's the problem. I had 3 Cable techs come to my house to set up my basic extended cable. I called Sharp TV and to date ....I only get 27 channels on my TV. The cable company wants to charge me to come out and reprogram my TV... UNNFAIR!

I called Brands Mart , they told me my extended warranty was expired July 2008. They FAILED to tell me when I purchased the extended warranty that it overceeds the Manufacturer Warranty on the TV, plus it kicks in the day of purchase! MY sale Repesentative at Brands Mart NEVER informed me of this fact.

I believe these EXTENDED WARRANTIES are a BIG RIP OFF!!!

They are taking advantage of consumers!

AMERICA we need to take a STAND against these FALSE EXTENDED WARRENTY COMPANIES!

Extended Cableless!

Sincerely,

Gloria H.

ps.....I'd love to hear from you .....if you've had the same problems!
(((Redacted)))....Subject Exteneded Warranty!

Classmom2
Coral Springs, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2009 08:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Brands-Mart/Deerfield-Beach-Florida/Brands-Mart-Extended-Warranty-Overceeds-Manufacturer-Warranty-Deerfield-Beach-Florida-415916. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Brands Mart