Complaint Review: Brasa Grill

• Updated: Fri, February 10, 2012

• Reported By: Kenny G — Avon Ohio United States of America
Brasa Grill
1300 West 9th Street Cleveland, Ohio United States of America

Brasa Grill This restaurant refused to honor a fully paid dining certificate Cleveland, Ohio

*Author of original report: Perhaps either you or I didn't understand

*Consumer Comment: Guarantee

I wanted to share the absolutely HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE treatment that I received at Brasa Grill.
Perhaps the all time worst customer service that I have ever received at any business of any kind.

I drove about 30 miles into Cleveland to use my Groupon that I purchased for this restaurant.  $40.00 in dining purchased for $20.00.  Now let it be known that I have worked in the Daily Deal world since Groupon only had 12 cities active.

After reviewing all of the Fine Print, I made a reservation for one through Open Table since the
restaurant has no one answering the phone during the day.  I sent an email through their web site letting the restaurant know that I would be dining with the use of my purchased Groupon.  Again no one to answer the phone!

When I walked into the restaurant I was told by the host that he did not think that I could use my Groupon.  I asked why and he said he would get the manager.  A young lady came out and told
me that I could not use the Groupon because I was dining alone.  She said that there had to be another guest paying for their meal and they couldnt just honor the Groupon with no one else
buying anything!  WHAT?!?!?!?!?!  Then she blamed it on Groupon for not putting it in the deal?!?!?!

Nowhere on the Groupon, not in the description of the deal, nor in the Fine Print, did it state that was the how the deal was structured.  I specifically asked this manager to show me on the Groupon where it said that or anything that even sorta, kinda hinted at that.  She said it doesnt say that.  So again I stated then you need to honor this Groupon that I purchased and drove almost an hour to use.

Now I have never been to this restaurant and was excited to try all of the steak that they are famous for. Perhaps I may have come back with a bunch of friends after a positive
experience but they in stead chose to save $20.00 by sending me away.  What this ignorant or poorly trained manager failed to realize is the fact that I own three different businesses and work in
the Social Network world.  Through Facebook alone I have access to over 50,000 people. Did she actually believe Id just go away?

So I called Groupon Customer Service.  The CS rep was STUNNED by Brasas handling of
this.  He looked up the deal and said there is absolutely no reason for them to have treated me the way that they did and absolutely should have honored the Groupon.

Kenny Gilder

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2012 06:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Brasa-Grill/Cleveland-Ohio-44113/Brasa-Grill-This-restaurant-refused-to-honor-a-fully-paid-dining-certificate-Cleveland-O-835780. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Brasa Grill

Perhaps either you or I didn't understand

AUTHOR: Kenny G - (United States of America)

I said that Groupon DID indeed provide the refund plus an additional $10.00 for my troubles.  The Customer Service rep at Groupon confirmed that there were no restrictions in the SIGNED agreement between Groupon and the merchant regarding any additional purchases.

I come from the Daily Deal world and I can tell you that Groupon NEVER has must buy this to get that type deals. It's always a deep discount and they have always been very specific in their deals, more so than any other Daily Deal site!

I am not quite sure what your comment about my demeanor and number of my "social friends" is all about but I assure you my demeanor was the fueled by the tremendous inconvenience and poor customer service received.  An hour and a half of driving time (back & forth), having to pay for parking and to not receive what I paid for.

The reason I posted here was because this was indeed a rip off, the business did not provide the service paid for as required.

AUTHOR: Righteous1 - (USA)

The Groupon website clearly sites : If the experience using your Groupon ever lets you down, well make it right or return your purchase. Simple as that."

So Why aren't you getting a refund from your recent incident?

Some business's that get placed on the Groupon List for offers make it clear that it must be a minimum of two people...Such as the buy one get one free deals....Its Groupon that "conveniently" forgets to place that on the business information for coupon use.

I personally would have walked you out with a dessert in hand and wish you a sweet day.  No one needs a customer of your demeanor....no matter how many "social friends" you may have.