depth

• Reported By: montanatechsan — Great Falls Montana United States of America
Breen Oil
1201 3rd Street NW Greeat Falls, Montana United States of America

Breen Oil Overbills for Propane Greeat Falls, Montana

This propane company charges a $200 deposit up front.  They don't tell you that's because their services will be so expensive and over-billed that you won't want to pay their bill.

I received a bill for 10 days of metered propane home delivery service in the middle of the summer and it was $50.  I immediately decided I must have a leak since I wasn't living in the apartment yet and 8 CF of propane was too much for my first partial billing cycle of only 10 days.

After going through all the piping with an HVAC service tech and determining there were no leaks I read the meter myself to find that it had been incorrectly read and IF their first meter reading was accurate (which I suspect is not the case) I had actually used 4 CF of propane.  This amount of propane is still unrealistic when no appliances had been used other than the water heater which was set slightly higher than average.  Regardless of actual usage I was billed for double what the meter showed I had used.

I will be attempting to correct this error with Breen Oil directly, and will update this report with the status of my attempt.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2011 07:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Breen-Oil/Greeat-Falls-Montana-59404/Breen-Oil-Overbills-for-Propane-Greeat-Falls-Montana-759636. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Breen Oil