Complaint Review: Brenda and Associates

• Updated: Tue, May 31, 2011

• Reported By: jeff — boynton beach Florida United States of America
Brenda and Associates
aventura, Florida United States of America

Brenda and Associates video game arcades / establishments charged 4.93 to my barcly's mastercard on 3/2/2011 and 5/30/2011 aventura, Florida

Brenda and Associates charged my Barclay's Mastercard $4.93 twice, once on 3/2/2011 and once on 5/31/2011.
I have never heard of them before Barclay's computer call informing me there was a suspicious charge on my card and to call in.  The charge was submitted with an unmatching address (Barclay's would not tell me if it was a totally wrong address or just an old address).

I looked them up online and could only find this site to tell me about them.
Barclay's said they did not yet have enough evidence to remove Brenda's merchant ID code and prevent them from getting paid in the future.  My opinion is that it seems there is more than enough evidence.  Mastercard should research and remove Brenda and Associates from their merchant system and prevent this from happening.  Instead, Barclay's are making me cancel my card and sending me a new one.  That is a bad policy because my guess is the credit cards are already on notice that Brenda and Associates is completely fraud and that they are just not proactive enough to go after small $.  The problem is that their lack of action causes me to have to go and reestablish all m recurring credit card payments online.  That is onerous.

Does anyone know of a credit card company (visa, discover, amex) that is actually better at handling this kind of issue than barclay's mastercard? I might switch credit card companies if there was.
Does anyone know that Brenda and Associates is a real company that has a product, website, location or phone number?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/31/2011 03:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Brenda-and-Associates/aventura-Florida-/Brenda-and-Associates-video-game-arcades-establishments-charged-493-to-my-barclys-mast-735233. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Brenda and Associates