Complaint Review: Brenner Nissan

• Reported By: John — york Pennsylvania
Brenner Nissan
6271 Carlisle Pike Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania USA

Brenner Nissan Lowest of the Low Mechanicsburg Pennsylvania

In my 49 years of life I have NEVER dealt with an organization as horrible as Brenner. Our 17 year old son is very responsible and saved the money to buy his own car. He found a used Honda Accord at Brenner that he liked. After we looked the car over, including inspection the fluid, he bought he car. When we drove it home (about 40 miles) we noticed some antifreeze leaking. I found a hole in the upper hose and replaced it. When I went to refill the coolant, I noticed a brown sludge in the radiator and overflow. This is NEVER good news and was not present in the pre-sale inspection. We called Brenner and were transferred to Service. I explained what I was seeing and he told me that it was most likely leftover transmission fluid from when the trans cooler was leaking. He told me they replaced the trans cooler, and flushed the system prior to sale and told us to bring it back so they could look at it. After we got it back, I noticed the brown sludge again and called back. Service again told me that it was leftoever trans fluid that need to work it's way out of the system. I aske dif it coudl be a cracked block or head gasket and was told "we are 100% certain it is trans fluid'.  A few days passed and the sludge got worse. Brenner told me to bring it in so they can flush it again. After that flush we drove it aroudn for a bit up there and lo and behod the sludge was back. At this point we were emphatic that the problem was not fixed and they need to research further. The Service Advisor, the ONE bright spot on this shole affari, had the intelligence to call and Honda dealership who promptly informed him that the block was most likely cracked, a far cry from leftover trans fluid. A meeting was held among the seniro management at the dealer as to what to do about this issue and then abruptly, all communication from Brenner stopped. All calls and emails from us to them go unanswered. It is simply unbelievable that an organization would do such a thing. i woudl like to beleive this was an honest mistake by the tech who iagnosed the problem incorectly and theat Brenner would make it right but the cutoff of communicatation leads me to believe that Brenner may have something to hide.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2014 06:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Brenner-Nissan/Mechanicsburg-Pennsylvania-17050/Brenner-Nissan-Lowest-of-the-Low-Mechanicsburg-Pennsylvania-1146514. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Brenner Nissan