Complaint Review: Brentwood shoe & luggage repair

• Reported By: Laura — Hazelwood Missouri United States of America
Brentwood shoe & luggage repair
2314 south brentwood blvd St. Louis, Missouri United States of America

Brentwood shoe & luggage repair Ruined my purse and shoe St. Louis, Missouri

I had previously used this business to repair a purse and the results were satisfying. Enough so that I decided to take some additional things to the shop. This time I had two purses and possibly an Ugg boot.

I was unsure if they could fix the Ugg boot but thought it was worth asking. The lady assured me that she could fix the minute hole near the toe with no problem, "they had fixed those before".

The business is always very full and I knew it would be two weeks before I received my things back. Three weeks later I had to call about the things and they told me the purses and boot were done. When I went to pick up my things the manager was rude and basically shoved my things back to me.

I got to my car and was appalled by what I saw. They performed a sloppy top stitch on one of my purses when an under stitch is used all throughout the purse. It looks like a child stitched it. [continued below]....
.....

The Ugg boot makes the purse look amazing in comparison. They literally sewed and glued a nickel sized patch on top of the shoe. The initial hole was smaller than a pencil eraser.

I took the shoe home and showed my significant other. He literally laughed and asked if that was a joke and could not believe I even brought the shoe home. The next morning I went up to the business and talked to the lady who performed the repair.

She admitted that the work was horrible and she knew that she ruined it. She promised to fix it free of charge. Weeks passed and I heard nothing. I called and she told me how busy they were and bat she wanted to make sure they "did it right" this time and to be patient.

A couple more weeks passed and I called and she told me the same story. But this time her boss would be gettin involved so it was going to take longer because they would have to find time to work on it together. She let me know that I should call back soon.

Thinking I was being respectful I waited two weeks in hopes that the job would be done, I was wrong. She now had an attitude with me and was making more excuses. Finally I demanded a commitment from her to when I could except the shoe back.

Three months later, she called me back that very same day and informed that me shoe was done. I knew that this was not goin to be good. When I picked hothead shoe she literally had done he same thing again.

She gave me no apology, only stated that she wished she hadn't of said she could fix the shoe. She did not offer my money back and admitted to ruining the shoe.

I am upset to have been given such disrespect and attitude when the business ruined my $200 pair of shoes. She knew they had screwed me over and did not care to rectify the situation. I want everyone to know they should never take goods they spent money on to be repaired here.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/19/2012 04:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Brentwood-shoe-luggage-repair/St-Louis-Missouri-63042/Brentwood-shoe-luggage-repair-Ruined-my-purse-and-shoe-St-Louis-Missouri-957378. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Brentwood shoe & luggage repair