Complaint Review: Brian Fountiane

• Updated: Fri, September 13, 2013

• Reported By: Rod — Westlake California
Brian Fountiane
2833 El paso St. Simi Valley, California USA

Brian Fountiane, California woodworks, Brian Fountaine general contractor lic. # 977171 Beware of Brian Fountaine Simi Valley California

In February of 2012, we agreed on a price of $47,000. to build the cabinets for a new home I was building. The timeframe was supposed to be approximately 10 weeks.  After stringing me along for over a year, Mr. Fountaine informed that he had underbid the job and cannot finish unless he is given more money. At that point, he already had far more of my money than I had completed work. So, under duress, I agree; with the understanding that there would be no more delays.  I should have known better. Several more months went by with little progress. Finally, I was forced to hire someone else to complete enough of his work so that I could at least move in.   After several more false promises to come and finish, he finally walked off the job.  Now, the job that was going to take 10 weeks and cost $47,000, has taken 14 months and cost $62,000. I am filing a complaint with the contractor’s board. He is still working and ripping people off under a suspended license. If you have had a similar experience with this crook, please contact me at (((REDACTED)))

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2013 01:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Brian-Fountiane/Simi-Valley-California-93063/Brian-Fountiane-California-woodworks-Brian-Fountaine-general-contractor-lic-977171-B-1084293. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Brian Fountiane