Complaint Review: Brian McNeil

• Reported By: Morgan — Toronto Ontario Canada
Brian McNeil
Toronto, Ontario Canada

Brian McNeil Carpenter Framer Toronto, Ontario Canada

I needed a framer for my basement and he was one of the first to respond on craigslist. He came by, assessed the situation,  came across very knowledgable.  We planned to start the next day - and that's when it all started.

He was 2 hours late and was completely unreachable.   He said he dropped his phone in the lake.  Random.  Didn't show up with tools.  Why?  Because his previous job 'stole' them.  I was in a position where I just had to get things done so I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

So,  I fronted $300 and we both went to home depot for supplies and he bought about $250 of tools. He worked at my place for 3 days solid 8+ hours,  even if 1+ hrs late every day. On the last day,  he was just about done, so I paid up the last $100.  ($500 total). And... he never came back.  Completely unreachable!

During those 3 days his stories,  excuses and behaviour became more scattered and erratic.  Very weird. I had get someone else in to fix the mess (as NOTHING was square). The kicker is - he left all his tools... and stole my umbrella!  Really!! So for 3 days of long hours,  he disappeared with only $200 and my umbrella.

Honestly,  I think he must have a drug problem. If you hire this guy or plan to.  DON'T.  DO NOT FRONT HIM MONEY!!    Don't get suckered.  He comes across knowledgable and nice.  Don't be fooled.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/09/2012 10:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Brian-McNeil/Toronto-Ontario-/Brian-McNeil-Carpenter-Framer-Toronto-Ontario-Canada-980012. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Brian McNeil