Complaint Review: BrickHouse Security

• Submitted: Wed, January 28, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, March 03, 2009

• Reported By:Alpharetta Georgia
BrickHouse Security
BrickHouse Electronics, 980 Avenue Of The Americas, New York, NY 10018 New York, New York U.S.A.

BrickHouse Electronics Defective Black & White Recon DVR Clock Camera with built in recorder shipped and forced into keeping it New York New York

*Author of original report: BrickHouse Electronics

We ordered a Black & White Recon DVR Clock Camera with built in recorder for $509.00 on 10/31/2008 which does NOT work.

After 3 weeks & roughly 15 hours on the phone got an RMA# to return. When returned, they inspected saying that it was scratched and blamed us for using it.

We returned the item 3 times (first time within 2 weeks without an RMA which they refused to accept. It's almost impossible to return an item within 3-5 days since they do not give a RMA # to receive returned products). We are currently disputing the charges on the credit card.
Shipped the item back to BrickHouse on 11/13/2008
(12/18/2008) blaming us for a scratch on the product. They re-sent the
defective item
Again shipped the 'unopened defective' item back to BrickHouse on
01/27/2008

It's very unfair that we are being forced to keep an unwanted and defective product against our will.

Srini
Alpharetta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2009 10:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BrickHouse-Security/New-York-New-York-10018/BrickHouse-Electronics-Defective-Black-White-Recon-DVR-Clock-Camera-with-built-in-record-417235. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BrickHouse Security

I would like to THANK BrickHouse Electronics for refunding my money back.

However, the whole shopping experience with Brickhouse has been very unpleasant. I spend numerously hours on the phone as well as numerous email contacts. In the end, the whole experience has been a bitter one which cost me around $90 for NOTHING.

Brick House charged $53 for restocking fee and another $32 for shipping (had to ship the item 3 times since brickhouse kept sending it back) and another $5 for sending correspondence via certified mail

tube