Complaint Review: Brickhouse Security

• Submitted: Sat, January 23, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, January 23, 2010

• Reported By: Richard — New Hyde Park New York USA
Brickhouse Security
980 Avenue of the Americas 3rd Floor New York, New York United States of America

Brickhouse Security Security, Electronics, Spy Equipment, DVR, Sureveillance, Home Security, GPS, Self Defennse, Optics, Biometric Locks, Hidden Cameras, Audio & Video Cameras New York, New York

Avoid this company at all costs.  Their uninformed sales person sold me products making false claims. In all honesty, I think it was ignorance or indifference on his part. I guess he  just wanted to make the sale.

The products turned out to NOT do what they claimed, not even close.  I tried reaching my sales person but they would not take or return calls.  I finally got through to a manager who got him on the phone.  Not only was my sales person rude and arrogant, but he refused to give me a refund or even a credit towards equipment I could actually use for my intended application.

Not being happy with this answer, I drove a LONG distance to go in to NY and meet with my sales person.  I sat down and showed them how the equipment did not work.  They still had a "tough luck pal" attitude.  I pushed hard and finally got them to give me a credit ... not the refund that I wanted ... for one item.  However, they charged me a "restocking fee" even though it was clear their sale person made false claims and did not know what he was talking about. The rest of the products I gt stuck with.

I now have about $3,000 worth of junk I cannot use sitting in my closet.  Thanks Brickhouse Security ... for your non-existent Customer Service and awful arrogance and attitude. I now have a new name for you and it does not start with Brick..!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2010 09:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Brickhouse-Security/New-York-New-York-10018/Brickhouse-Security-Security-Electronics-Spy-Equipment-DVR-Sureveillance-Home-Securi-558844. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Brickhouse Security