Complaint Review: Brickhouse Security

• Submitted: Tue, June 24, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, June 24, 2008

• Reported By:Fort Lauderdale Florida
Brickhouse Security
980 Avenue Of The Americas, 3rd Floor New York, New York U.S.A.

Brickhouse Security Will not take Returns!! Misleading Promises! Product/s dont work. New York New York

I purchased a GPS tracker from them with the idea that I could locate someone within a "maximun of 30 feet". When training with them on the phone, the first locator identified the unit (which was in my home) as 7 houses away..much farther then 30 feet. In the training they now change their range to be up to 500 ft!!! Well.. thats hardly acceptable to find someone and I would not have bought the product. Imagine being at shopping center and knowing the person/car could be anywhere within 500 feet!! In addition, they sold me a magnetic case for the unit that would not magnitize to ANYWHERE under the car. I told them I had no use for the unit if the case didn't work and the long range of identity. Where would I hide the unit.. on top of the roof??? They said they would not only NOT give me a Return ID number, (stating we will not accept ANY packages without one) but they would not refund the activation fees of over $360. even if I didn't ever use it. My charge card gave me the credit back on my account but they are HORRIBLE to deal with. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. But they will assure you of what you want to hear when buying the product. After that.. they are monsters!!

Robin
Fort Lauderdale, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2008 12:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Brickhouse-Security/New-York-New-York-10018/Brickhouse-Security-Will-not-take-Returns-Misleading-Promises-Products-dont-work-Ne-343690. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Brickhouse Security