Complaint Review: Brickhouse Security

• Submitted: Thu, December 11, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, May 17, 2009

• Reported By:Brooklyn New York
Brickhouse Security
www.brickhousesecurity.com New York, New York U.S.A.

Brickhouse Security Stay far away from this Company-- Fraud Alert New York New York

*Author of original report: Response To Brickhouse Security

*UPDATE Employee: BrickHouse Security Official Response

This company is a big scam!!!! Their products do not work as advertised, if they even work at all, and they will not take items back. Luckily my credit card company saved the day.

Purchased a GPS tracking device. Defective unit right out of the box. After difficult attempts, they agreed to send me another. I had to pay to ship it back. Second unit-- also did not do anything. Started to wonder if they are selling a piece of metal for $100+ and bundling some software with it and adding some eletrical circuits and trying to push it as a GPS tracking device!

I called them again, this time for a refund. They would not take it back! They claimed I signed an agreement on their site..blah blah blah....

I was infuriated. I was not going to throw away $100 plus dollars, especially when it didn't work at all!!!!

After the second unit was sent and I realized it didn't work either, I started getting this feeling that it wasn't even a tracking device. It was something they made or ordered from China that looked like a tracking device, but the insides were nothing.

I thought deep and hard. Any Company, particularly in NY can sell 1000 of these units and have a fraction return them, they would turn a nice profit. They can buy them for $5.00, sell them for $100 and if 500 people return the item, they would be rich.

Naturally they would be saddled with chargback fees, but for those who dont bother to return them for inconvenience reasons, and those who agree to pay the restocking fee, at the end of the day, they would make alot of money. It's a textbook scam and I reported them to the NY attorney Generals office immediately after getting 2 defective non-working units.

Fo yourself a big favor and look elsewhere for your product. Do not deal with these clowns who obviously have something up their sleeves.

Charles
Brooklyn, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/11/2008 10:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Brickhouse-Security/New-York-New-York/Brickhouse-Security-Stay-far-away-from-this-Company-Fraud-Alert-New-York-New-York-1032476. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Brickhouse Security

Response To Brickhouse Security

AUTHOR: Jcoppertone - (U.S.A.)

I cannot believe the extent of their lies. I don't know where to begin.

1. The item was ordered for personal use. It's laughable that they would concoct a story as they did. They must have a group of employees dedicated to this.

2. American Express did return my funds. (That's why I have been an American Express cardholder since 1997.

3. If the funds were returned by them why would I have to contact America Express as they concur?

4. What Company charges a restocking fee on a non working unit, let alone 2 non working units.

They also forgot to mention that I had to pay to ship the first item back. Then they wanted me to ship the second one back also at my expense. That's when I knew they are a scam operation.

Lastly, yes, we would all like to see the "nasty" email you claim I wrote. Then, an informed decision can be made by potential Customers who read this.

If you cannot produce this email, your entire response should be considered a lie and the fact that your operation is based on deceit will be solidified.

BrickHouse Security Official Response

AUTHOR: Brickhouse Security - (U.S.A.)

This "review" from so called "jcoppertone" is actually from a competitor of ours. His real name is Charles Hamaoui and he runs a company (badly reviewed online) called New World Video Direct www.newworldvideodirect.com

CHARLES HAMAOUI
367 AVENUE U
BROOKLYN NY 11223-3948
718-449-6388
jcoppertone@earthlink.net
1893 West 8th Street. New York, N.Y. 11223

Charles Hamaoui ordered a GPS tracker from us in hopes of finding out who our supplier was so he could more effectively compete with us. Once he received the product and could not gain that information from his order, he returned it to us and asked us to "drop ship" another, meaning he wanted the return address so he could get the supplier information. We sent him another, again from our office, and he became frustrated and sent persistent nasty emails. We would be happy to share these email with you if you want to know what type of person Charles Hamaoui is. We took the device back and issued a credit minus shipping & a small restocking fee (as per our policy). He did a charge back with American Express who investigated, saw through his lies and judged in our favor that we had done nothing wrong.

This is when he began the anonymous slander campaign through online writings sites

We at BrickHouse Security supply over 400 Police Departments across the country and have passed every quality and security test with zero complaints. We hope that you will remove this false "review" by Charles Hamaoui and New World Video Direct.