Complaint Review: Bridgestone - Firestone

• Updated: Fri, June 24, 2011

• Reported By: Suzaumack — Mantua New Jersey USA
Bridgestone - Firestone
333 East Lake St. Internet United States of America

Bridgestone - Firestone Firestone All American Tire and Service Bridgestone-Firestone Auto Repair is awful. Don't use Bridgestone-Firestone. Internet

I live in NJ. My daughter's car (my car) broke down in Port
St. Lucie, FL on March 6, 2011.AAA towed her car to Firestone All American Tire and Service. They told
me the engine blew and I agreed to have them replace it (with a rebuilt).  The store manager was nice enough at the time.  Got a quote and gave a deposit.  Signed quote on 3/14/11.  As of May 16 I still

didn't have the car. They were rude, would not return my calls-if I did get the manager he would tell me it's going to take as long as it takes. I called Firestone back in March and had a 3 way call with them.  Firestone would not help me because they say the store is independent (just sell Firestone Tires). I was then told by my AAA rep that the shop was going to be closing their doors and they had to finish my car before that. Well, guess what? The shop closed and my car was locked inside for over a week!!! My AAA rep stopped by again and the owners (who never contacted me) told him that they got a company to come fix my car and that it was running well. [continued below]....
..... I then had to pay the balance of $1,400 before they will release my car.

My daughter was stuck without her car for 3 months. When she did get it back, we took it to another shop before she was allowed to drive it, just to find the engine had no Vin#, wiring was not hooked up, they glued the radiator and the cruise control cable. The transmission cable had to be replaced as did the brackets under the car (holding the engine and transmission in)  I still have all of the broken parts and the repair order from the new shop.

My question is this:  Why would Firestone let anyone that they won't stand behind use their name. Not only was it on their receipt, they have a large Firestone sign on their building. This is just awful and misleading.  I cannot tell you how horrible this has been.  I am out to send Firestone and this shop a message.  Don't ever let them touch your car.  1888 SW Bayshore Blvd. - just in case they change their name - again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2011 11:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bridgestone-Firestone/internet/Bridgestone-Firestone-Firestone-All-American-Tire-and-Service-Bridgestone-Firestone-Auto-745207. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bridgestone - Firestone