Complaint Review: Bridgevine

• Reported By: WesSD — San Diego California
Bridgevine
Internet USA

Bridgevine Scam selling TimeWarner service Internet

Company advertises online, as if they were Time Warner Cable. Their logo says they are an authorized retailer. I am not sure what this means in that Time Warner is not aware of them, nor will Time Warner honor Bridgevine's online promotions, at least from me.

Highly disturbing, when I called the phone number on the Time Warner promo website, which was actually Bridgevine's, the Bridgevine rep requested a social security number on the account, "to check for outstanding bills" which we have none. I declined, and eventually they referred me to a Time Warner phone number. When I called Time Warner, they knew of nothing about it. I suspect this was Bridgevine's way of updating the account, by having the ssn on the account. I suspect they would call TimeWarner, and order the upgrade. Because I did not give them the ssn, they could not finalize the deal/scam, and gave me the TW phone number to call.

When I called TimeWarner, they knew nothing of any of this, and started from scratch, saying they could not honor any 3rd party claims. Nor could they honor the package deal that Bridgevine had offerred me. Nor the VISA card.

Note this whole adventure took 32 minutes on the phone: about 7 with the first Bridgevine rep who asked me all sorts of things about the account, which I thought was curious in that I thought he would know (and would have if he were Time Warner), then about 10 minutes with the next Bridgevine rep (who put me on hold several times to check several things). Then when I called Time Warner, we started all over. What a waste; and no acknowledgement that they were who they are; they lead me to believe they were Time Warner, which they obviously are not.

Borderline at best; probably worse if you read the other Ripoff reports.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2014 09:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bridgevine/internet/Bridgevine-Scam-selling-TimeWarner-service-Internet-1158373. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bridgevine